Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19

Don't get your hopes up. There's probably seven or eight spots he could go before #19.

at 19 there is no way the phins can even take a sniff at Mosley and a trade up for a LB is a horrid move with so many other needs

Don't agree with this

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not seen an Ohio State player do anything in the NFL in so long that it just seems like they don't even enter the draft. There are certain schools that teams should just stay away from as far as drafting. Schools like Gators, Ohio State, and Tennessee. There are a couple of players that have been ok like Eric Berry, but as for LB, DL, WR, RB, where are these players from these schools that enter the draft. And the Gator are just made for college, these guys are no good in the NFL, OL okay no problem, but NO on QB, RB, LB, and DL just garbage.

We Do Not Need This Guy, By Him Being From Ohio State Sums It Up.

Why take Shazier in the 1st when we can nab the better Borland in the 2nd? :err: We need a complete 4 down inside guy more than a 3 down outside guy so.....

Fins are doing everything they can to smoke screen the **** out of every one for a top OT.

I prefer him to Mosley, but would not be in favor of either in round 1. IMHO it represents poor value at the spot and addresses a lesser need than our OL.

We let Soliai walk, and these lightweight LB's are going to get manhandled. Gap penetrators along the DL are great for interior pass pressure, but they are terrible at keeping LB's clean to make run stops. No LB will be our 1st round pick.

On a side note though, I do love this industrial stream of smokescreens. When was the last time someone wrote about us drafting Martin or Lewan other than a passing reference? LOL. All Goodell did was add an extra month of smokescreens.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not seen an Ohio State player do anything in the NFL in so long that it just seems like they don't even enter the draft. There are certain schools that teams should just stay away from as far as drafting. Schools like Gators, Ohio State, and Tennessee. There are a couple of players that have been ok like Eric Berry, but as for LB, DL, WR, RB, where are these players from these schools that enter the draft. And the Gator are just made for college, these guys are no good in the NFL, OL okay no problem, but NO on QB, RB, LB, and DL just garbage.

We Do Not Need This Guy, By Him Being From Ohio State Sums It Up.

Aj Hawk, J. Laurinaitis are two LB'ers that seem to be doing pretty well!

so that means shazier isn't a possibility for us at 19, ok, got it

I just don't see it, Hickey is too smart for that. Drafting Mosley over Shazier would be like drafting Channing Crowder over Patrick Willis.
PLAYER ------HT--WT---college sr tackles-PBU-Sacks-FF--TFL
Patrick Willis 6-1, 239----------------137-----7-----3------2--11.5
Ryan Shazier 6-1, 237---------------144------4-----6------4--23

1r6ouo-1.gif

We have to let teams know they need to ante up if they want to trade up for Shazier, or else we might draft him...at least that the image we need to put out there. So far, we have publicly expressed interest in just about every player projected to go in the 15 to 25 range. Any of these last minute stories about us being interested in a certain player are almost certainly planted in the media for a reason.

We have to let teams know they need to ante up if they want to trade up for Shazier, or else we might draft him...at least that the image we need to put out there. So far, we have publicly expressed interest in just about every player projected to go in the 15 to 25 range. Any of these last minute stories about us being interested in a certain player are almost certainly planted in the media for a reason.

Totally agree - its a strategy most teams have picked up & play nowadays & as is part of their overall draft plan.

Also didn't we just pay big money to 2 LBs in free agency last season - those finances still need to be paid off.

My hope is that Hickey is more willing to take chances on players based on their size/speed combo's along with guys who are football smart. When it came to his drafts, Ireland tended to go the 'safe, solid football player' route. Unfortunately, thats part of the reason IMO that he never hit any homeruns and had to overpay for other teams free agents.

That being said... if he bypasses any of the top 4 tackles to take a LB'er I won't be happy. If they are gone, I'm on board with Shazier or Mosley....Shazier's a better physical talent, but Mosley reminds me of Zach Thomas with his instincts. But if that happens, I'd want to trade up in the 2nd to get one of the second tier tackles....I'd even be willing to give up a decent pick in next years draft to do so(2nd next year, and say 3rd this year and perhaps Rishard Matthews?)...that gives us two second rounders in a solid draft to pickup a RT and a RG or CB.

Back
Top Bottom