Barry Switzer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Switzer

Noland

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is just a thought if Wanny don't get the job done. Could Barry Switzer be a good HC canidate it seem like he would'nt take any crap from player on the field anyway. I don't know how good of a coach he is because I don't follow the cowboys and hate the cowboys but I know he won a SB with the cowboys in 95. Won championships with Oklahoma Sooners.

I do respect the guy I like him better than Wanny he has won a SB.

I also believe the players will respect him. If you don't think he could get a HC job with Miami could he get a job somewere else?:confused:

Are you kidding, he was a figure head in Dallas..he took all kind of junk from his players, please no. He benefited from J. Johnson's draft picks and staff and philosophy that was already in place for him..Once it got to his picks to keep the thing going, he and Jerry bump out miserably.

BTW, it took Jerry until he hired Parcell to figure out he wasn't good at evaluating talent.

Originally posted by Noland
This is just a thought if Wanny don't get the job done. Could Barry Switzer be a good HC canidate it seem like he would'nt take any crap from player on the field anyway. I don't know how good of a coach he is because I don't follow the cowboys and hate the cowboys but I know he won a SB with the cowboys in 95. Won championships with Oklahoma Sooners.

I do respect the guy I like him better than Wanny he has won a SB.

I also believe the players will respect him. If you don't think he could get a HC job with Miami could he get a job somewere else?:confused:

The title of this thread is scary enough on it's own let alone imagining Switzer coaching the Fins!
:escape:

I don't really know his coaching Style it was just a thought. I wanted to know what people had to say about him.

I guess that is why he is not talked to by other teams in the off season.

although i will admit B.Switzer is better than Wanny, I also have to say he rode on Jimmy johnsons success and had no impact on the SB they won.

The coach on any team has an impact if they win a SB. To keep a team playing together is impact to win a SB you have to have chemistry I don't care if JJ had the team already put together JJ did'nt win the SB the year before an Switzer did I think. Every since the SB has started there have been good and respected coaches to win a SB. I'm not a Switzer fan I really dont know a whole lot about him. I won't say a Coach is overrated if they win a SB. I will never say he is the best either.

The only reason I brought up Switzer's name is that I was watching ESPN classic an it was talking about the Cowboys when he was there I just wanted to know what fans thought.

I have no idea whether Switzer is better than Wanny, I'd probably say he is because he won a Super Bowl in his 3rd year(I believe thats correct) but both are coaches who's records were good because they inherited a JJ team with good players, but eventually underachieved. If the Dolphins need to make a change, it has to be for someone who clearly is a good coach, which is why I think Fassel or Dennis Green makes more sense.

at least switzer will be packing heat :lol: have a og on the sidelines

Back
Top Bottom