Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense"

I believe term is 'paper-tigers'. They were an overrated bunch who always disappeared in big spots!! ;)

In all fariness, I guess the same could be said about our Killer-B's since we never won the big one during their time. I disagree with you on this one. I hate the Jets just as much as nay fan here, but if you really are old enough to remember these guys, you can't deny that they were damned good.

When did those teams ever lose 62-7 or 38-3? In '81 the D gave up 24 in the WC loss to Buf, In '82 the D gave up 7 points to Miami in the title game loss, in '85 they gave up 19 in the WC loss to NE, in '86 23 in OT to cle i the div rd loss. in those 4 playoff losses they gave up an average of 18 PPG. In the dolphins 5 playoff losses from 1997-2001 they gave up an average of 29 PPG.

Funny you seemed to have forgotten that there were 2 years between 1982 and 1985. :lol:

In 1983 they choked away their season by giving up 34 points in each of their last two games, both losses.

In 1984 they finished the season losing 7 of their last 8....giving up 28 or more points in 5 of those games.

In all fariness, I guess the same could be said about our Killer-B's since we never won the big one during their time. I disagree with you on this one. I hate the Jets just as much as nay fan here, but if you really are old enough to remember these guys, you can't deny that they were damned good.

Honestly...I'm not. But I think junc got where I was going with that.

The point was that the AFCE has had some very good defenses in its history. Bart Scott is too young to remember the NYSE........and I won't even go into the No-Name or the Killer B's. This guy sounds like he is inventing the defense in the AFCE. He needs to read up on the history of our division it seems.

Of course. We know Bart Scott is a loudmouth, he doesn't really need to be taken seriosuly.

Oh lord. Another day, another idiotic sound byte from the Jests. This will make it even more enjoyable when they fall flat on their face. Although Rex would fall more on his stomach, then roll onto his face. Because he's fat.

OK, everything except baywatch. I'm really into Land of the Lost right now:D

sleestak2-1.jpg

Them Sleestak are alright but they have nothing on the Gorn....

startrekgorn-1.jpg

Or his earth-born relative.....

clear.gif

Funny you seemed to have forgotten that there were 2 years between 1982 and 1985. :lol:

In 1983 they choked away their season by giving up 34 points in each of their last two games, both losses.

In 1984 they finished the season losing 7 of their last 8....giving up 28 or more points in 5 of those games.

We were 4-7 in '83 before winning 3 straight then losing those last 2 but even had we won the last 2 I think we would have missed the playoffs. That was a bad job by that D but it wasn't something they did consistently in big spots like the late 90s-early 00s dolphins.

In '84 we fell apart after the 6-2 start, to fall to 6-5 w/ lost a 9-5 game to Indy then we started ken O'brien the rest of the season finishing up 1-4 in those games. Joe Klecko missed 5 games, Marty Lyons missed 6 among others.

They did make a SB in '82 and alot of those same players made another one in '84 so they were legit good Ds.

The AFC East isnt the AFC North here. There aren't weak, run first offenses here. I wanna see how well Bart Scott defends the pass against the likes of Tom Brady and Chad Pennington.

The AFC East isnt the AFC North here. There aren't weak, run first offenses here. I wanna see how well Bart Scott defends the pass against the likes of Tom Brady and Chad Pennington.

Did you not see what they did to you in the playoffs?

junc is probably a mets fan too. be nice.

Why did you have to insult me? We were getting along so nice today too:D

I actually think that he's a closet Dolphins fan with as much time as he spends on this board. It's OK junc. You can come out now......:D

I do hear most dolphin fans do come out of the closet at some point:lol:

Back
Top Bottom