Baseball super thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baseball super thread

pulling for the BoSox since my Redbirds are out and its my dads team. Just tired of him getting to see his Yankee teams win all the time. on top of it, he likes Bama in college football (not one of the obnoxious ones)

Following the Sox has been, by far, the most rewarding sports fandom of my adulthood. I think baseball as a sport is fatally flawed, primarily because of such a long season. But when you’re talking playoff baseball, the tension is amazing.

hen you’re ta

my dad grew up in Rhode Island (luckily still born in NC, so Im full blown North Khakalakian).

In a way I kind of pulled for his boys to beat StL in 2004 cause i was still young and figured my Cards were good enough that I'd see em win one, and his Sox hadnt won in his lifetime...

If i knew now what i knew back then about the state of his Pats, BoSox, Tide, I would've said "To hell with your team!"

But it was cool because he sat on the green monster about 3 years ago. The Parkinsons makes him unemotional alot. Betts hit a walk off homerun in the bottom of the 10th that landed several seats over from him and bounced back towards. On youtube you just see him getting up and leaving like "game over dueces" where as every one else is going nuts

bsox.JPG

he's in the red shirt at the bottom right.

Depending on his health I might try to take him to Atlanta for a series next year. Believe they play after my bday weekend May 9th.

I really wanted to go to the Cards - Braves series next year to see Waino-Molina, but the series is July 4-7, mid week and will be hot as balls

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing. The Cardinals are a hell of a team historically. And while Boston’s had their number this century, the Redbirds got their licks in last century (though you’re too young to have enjoyed those).

The Dodgers have announced Walker Buehler will start tonight's game 4. He pitched well in game 1 against the Giants ace Logan Webb, but now tonight it will be on 3 days rest, so it will be interesting to see how he performs. The Giants are starting Anthony Descalfani, who has been somewhat inconsistent this season.

Buehler pitched fine on 3-days rest and the Giants pitching was dismal, so the Dodgers won game 4. For the final game tomorrow , even though it will be played in SF, the Dodgers have an excellent chance of winning because their pitcher Urias was dominant in game 2 at SF, and he has a 21-3 record for the year. Logan Webb will pitch for the Giants and I expect he will need to pitch a sensational game for the Giants to have a chance.

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing. The Cardinals are a hell of a team historically. And while Boston’s had their number this century, the Redbirds got their licks in last century (though you’re too young to have enjoyed those).

I guess when i say I'm life long fans of teams i mean it. I think i picked my 2 favorite teams between 82-83 when i was 3-4 and stuck with it, The wizard of Oz and then Dan the man. Was crazy how many games i actually got to see younger as a kid before studios bought the rights to everything. For some wild ass reason i guess WGN (i believe thats what it was) a chicago station was aired in the Charlotte area, so got to see all the Cubby - Card games, and then TBS aired all the Braves games so got to see quite a few games. I did actually like watching the Braves some (didnt have much of a choice, stayed with grandma after school til dad got off work, and she was a huge fan) but was exciting to watch their pitching.

I went to a game late 80s and got Phil Neikro and John Smoltz's autograph on a ball. I tossed the ball to Jose Oquendo (the cards 2nd baseman) to sign and he smudged out both their names. thanks asshole, I'm a kid.

But pretty much playoffs this year, even if i wasnt pulling for dad's BoSox at this point, I'd be pulling for whoever the hell was playing the Astros. I would prob even pull for the friggin Yankees i dislike the Stros so much.

Ideally Braves vs Sox with BoSox winning.

I guess when i say I'm life long fans of teams i mean it. I think i picked my 2 favorite teams between 82-83 when i was 3-4 and stuck with it, The wizard of Oz and then Dan the man. Was crazy how many games i actually got to see younger as a kid before studios bought the rights to everything. For some wild *** reason i guess WGN (i believe thats what it was) a chicago station was aired in the Charlotte area, so got to see all the Cubby - Card games, and then TBS aired all the Braves games so got to see quite a few games. I did actually like watching the Braves some (didnt have much of a choice, stayed with grandma after school til dad got off work, and she was a huge fan) but was exciting to watch their pitching.

I went to a game late 80s and got Phil Neikro and John Smoltz's autograph on a ball. I tossed the ball to Jose Oquendo (the cards 2nd baseman) to sign and he smudged out both their names. thanks *******, I'm a kid.

But pretty much playoffs this year, even if i wasnt pulling for dad's BoSox at this point, I'd be pulling for whoever the hell was playing the Astros. I would prob even pull for the friggin Yankees i dislike the Stros so much.

Ideally Braves vs Sox with BoSox winning.

Hush. Teams from the northeast are evil esp those from Massachusetts

I’d love a Red Sox / Braves World Series, but I’d definitely settle for beating the Astros and winning the pennant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom