Bashing the Trade

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Did he see CC play last season? If Williams isn't in the top five, then who are the top five? C. Martin, M. Faulk,C. Dillion, E. James....then who?

I hate to admit it, but the guy in KC Preist Holmes had a fairly decent year. Too bad the Cheifs totally sucked(not really).
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
56
Location
CT
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Garrison Hearst was pretty good as well and Holmes was better than Ricky.
not to mention Bettis, Ahman Green and S. Alexander, S. Davis , but Ricky was better than Heast.
 

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
6,838
Reaction score
0
Location
Jerusalem
I don't think that the team will carry Williams, Minor, AND Edwards next year. He may be traded during the preseason for some other compensation.

Scot's right. Before we should make any reservations in (where's the Super Bowl next year?) we really need a beefed up OL.
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Miamian
I don't think that the team will carry Williams, Minor, AND Edwards next year. He may be traded during the preseason for some other compensation.

Scot's right. Before we should make any reservations in (where's the Super Bowl next year?) we really need a beefed up OL.
We should have more than 2 RBs. I think we'll keep Edwards if he does well in preseason.
 

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
8,208
Reaction score
6
Who do you think we're going to trade in the pre-season?
 

MetalHead

Rookie
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
"They would`nt have sighned Edwards without a physical and workout"

But if you think like that you have to say New England wouldn't have cut him if they didn't know he was done playing football. You don't just cut a 1st round draft choice in his second year of rehabbing from an injury that nearly crippled him. He might work out, he had a ton of talent but the question isn't how good he is, the question is for how long?

and one note on the csonk, kiick and morris tandem, The real beauty of that system was you never knew which one was going to get the ball. If you keyed on Zonk then Kiick or Morris would get it and get yards. It created a real problem for defenses trying to stop the run when they couldn't figure out who to actually stop. I say we should do that this year with Williams, Minor and Dyer and Konrad. I think it would add a dimension to our running game we haven't had since well...Csonka, Kiick, and Morris! LOL Just around the same time we were winning superbowls!
 

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
On an island
We will keep Minor, Edwards, and Williams. Minor will be used on third down, and Edwards can be used when Ricky is tired or to finish out a game where we will be killing the opponent.
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Yes, metalhead is right
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We will keep Minor, Edwards, and Williams. Minor will be used on third down, and Edwards can be used when Ricky is tired or to finish out a game where we will be killing the opponent.

I know we have needs to be filled in the upcoming draft but I would love to see N. Davenport drafted and added to the RB list. He`s big, fast, got good hands and is all around a great athelete. I see him spelling Ricky in 4th quarters. I don`t want to see Ricky wilt (leg fatigue) at season`s end as seems to happen to a lot of our players. Training and playing in the tropics has advantiges and disadvantiges.
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Originally posted by MetalHead
"They would`nt have sighned Edwards without a physical and workout"

But if you think like that you have to say New England wouldn't have cut him if they didn't know he was done playing football. You don't just cut a 1st round draft choice in his second year of rehabbing from an injury that nearly crippled him. He might work out, he had a ton of talent but the question isn't how good he is, the question is for how long?

and one note on the csonk, kiick and morris tandem, The real beauty of that system was you never knew which one was going to get the ball. If you keyed on Zonk then Kiick or Morris would get it and get yards. It created a real problem for defenses trying to stop the run when they couldn't figure out who to actually stop. I say we should do that this year with Williams, Minor and Dyer and Konrad. I think it would add a dimension to our running game we haven't had since well...Csonka, Kiick, and Morris! LOL Just around the same time we were winning superbowls!

(R. Edwards).............I`m a little mystified how 2 teams can administer the same tests to a damaged body part and 1 team consider that part damaged beyond repair and the other team saya it`s good to go. :confused: What am I missing?
 

iceblizzard69

Hammered
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
12,645
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
On an island
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Yes, metalhead is right


I know we have needs to be filled in the upcoming draft but I would love to see N. Davenport drafted and added to the RB list. He`s big, fast, got good hands and is all around a great athelete. I see him spelling Ricky in 4th quarters. I don`t want to see Ricky wilt (leg fatigue) at season`s end as seems to happen to a lot of our players. Training and playing in the tropics has advantiges and disadvantiges.
We don't need another RB or FB.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
56
Location
CT
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We will keep Minor, Edwards, and Williams.
definitely, unless we get someone else that replace Edwards, but RW and Minor are a lock to stay.
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Originally posted by iceblizzard69


We don't need another RB or FB.

Yes we only keep 3 rb, and yes I would rather have N. Davenport than a crippled R.m Edwards, and yes I know R. Edwards is under contract. Where is all this going? I have no idea. I`m an old f#rt and confuse easily. :D :lol:
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Location
Arizona
Originally posted by dolphan39
not to mention Bettis, Ahman Green and S. Alexander, S. Davis , but Ricky was better than Heast.
All those players had good YEARS last year, but they aren't any more consistent then Ricky. Look at Lamar Smith, he had nearly 1200 yards rushing in 2000...does that mean he is a top ten back? Jabbar had 1100 yards rushing in, what was it 98? Does that mean he is a top ten back?

My point is, I would NOT trade R.W. for ANY of those RB's you just mentioned. Would you? If you wouldn't then why would you say Ricky is behind them.
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Location
Arizona
ok I just realized you guys took my point as simply rushing stats from last season. I mean overall at this point in their careers, who is top 5.

I see R.W. as improving every year, and will get to play with a lot of talent, and on a playoff caliber team. Not to mention Norv Turner's bruising pound em style.

I hope we lose our first round draft pick next year, and R.W gets his 1500 yards.
 
Top Bottom