Bashing the Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bashing the Trade

here is a better link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5124212,00.html

Pete obviously never heard of John Avery or Yatil Green, i.e. how much a late #1 pick has NOT helped this team. Of course, you cannot compare this to the worst trade since the H Walker trade in the Faulk trade. The Faulk and Bettis trades were totally different in that they contract related (at least Faulk).

Pete Prisco is a moron :fire:

He says Williams is just a power runner who runs up the middle - not a big playmaker... Reminds me of a guy named Larry Csonka! How many long runs or "big plays" did Csonka have? He was effective because he wore down the other team's defense!!!!!!

With Williams and the change of pace Minor, we have a running team, ala Csonka and Morris. Throw in Fiedler with a real wideout (Chambers) and a good possesion receiver (OG) and an Offensive Coordinator that can call more than 3 plays and even use (gasp) our fullback, and I say watchout!

This is going to be the make it - break it season, everything is falling in place and we need to avoid costly injuries and stupid penalties and I feel we have a good shot.

Can't wait for football season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by alpemomo
He says Williams is just a power runner who runs up the middle - not a big playmaker... Reminds me of a guy named Larry Csonka! How many long runs or "big plays" did Csonka have? He was effective because he wore down the other team's defense!!!!!!

With Williams and the change of pace Minor, we have a running team, ala Csonka and Morris. Throw in Fiedler with a real wideout (Chambers) and a good possesion receiver (OG) and an Offensive Coordinator that can call more than 3 plays and even use (gasp) our fullback, and I say watchout!

This is going to be the make it - break it season, everything is falling in place and we need to avoid costly injuries and stupid penalties and I feel we have a good shot.

Can`t wait to see how a healthy Robert Edwards will do.

I cant wait for the season either, but i will say i am really excited to see how R. Edwards and L. Searcy do.

and year 2 of Chambers career, year 1 as a starter :D

Yeah!

Like what everyone else said, plus seeing how Larry Chester pans out too.:)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON!

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
Oh and how the D-line does, esp. DG playing end.

We still need a kick ass pass rusher opposite JT. Then the 1st unit D will be complete. :)

Originally posted by alpemomo

I agree with most of that.
The big diffeence between then and now is the fact that we had a bunch of all pros and hall of famers on the OL.
Until we fix that major problem, we won't have ALL the peices.
But, like you say, I can't wait for football season.!!!!!!!!

Wait a second, although this guy from CBS is a moron. I wouldn't start relying on Robert Edwards or Leon Searcy. Who said Edwards was healthy? Hell, they almost had to amputate his leg and they said he would never walk again, let alone play football. And Leon Searcy hasn't played in 2 years. And DG is also always hurt. Sad to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think any move besides the signing of Chester and Marion, and the trade of Ricky will help us out that much. I still think we have only made 3 solid moves this season.

I take that back, those 2 moves for Searcy and Edwards weren't BAD because we didn't give up anything to get them. But Robert Edwards probably won't even have 20 carries next season and I would be really surprised if Searcy lasts even 12 games let alone 16.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I take that back, those 2 moves for Searcy and Edwards weren't BAD because we didn't give up anything to get them. But Robert Edwards probably won't even have 20 carries next season and I would be really surprised if Searcy lasts even 12 games let alone 16.

They would`nt have sighned Edwards without a physical and workout.

Csonka and Morris - the REAL "Thunder and Lightning".

But lets not forget about another awesome RB from that team: JIM KIICK.

Jim Kiick was also a very tough runner and a very important part of our running game. He gave us a 3-headed monster back there.

FYI - Did you know that while both Csonka and Morris each had 1000 yards rushing in 1972, they also averaged over 5 ypc each?? Mercury averaged 5.3 ypc while Zonk had 5.2.

Wow.

Back
Top Bottom