Bateman or Marshall? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bateman or Marshall?

To add something that hasn't been said. Marshall dominated much more than Bateman did and against SEC talent.

That has to count for something.

If Miami ends up with Waddle, with maybe a slight trade down, I'd love to see the Dolphins pair him with Marshall.
Dominated? Bateman had 1200 yards as a sophomore. Marshall never had a 1000 yard season.

Marshall for me - lighter feet, more dynamic, longer. Tools and skills that clearly translate, higher ceiling.
I agree on higher ceiling. I just don’t think Marshall ever reaches his ceiling, classic underachiever.

It’s Terrance Marshall and honestly it’s not close. For all the reasons other posters stated above. Terrance Marshall is really unique in this class and he’s probably the biggest of all of them yet he runs like a deer. I will say he’ll need to get stronger at the NFL level though.
Not close? Bateman is much more polished. If Marshall works hard he can catch and surpass Bateman as he is bigger and faster. I don’t see great with Marshall, and if he hasn’t developed yet, will he ever?

Minnesota was absolutely WRACKED by Covid this year... I saw estimates that had 50-75% of the team having it at one time or another.

I'm surprised they got 5 games in.

Marshall is a good athlete but the drops worry me. He's not the best route runner either but he has size, athleticism and redzone production, so he'll get drafted for that potential. But I don't think he's enough of an upgrade on Williams and Parker to be spending a high pick on him.

Not close? Bateman is much more polished. If Marshall works hard he can catch and surpass Bateman as he is bigger and faster. I don’t see great with Marshall, and if he hasn’t developed yet, will he ever?
That’s part of my reason for saying it’s not close as Bateman has a low ceiling. He looks almost like a finished product. Just an above average possession guy is what I see with Bateman.

TM goes 6’4 and runs like a deer. He’s got that explosion gamebreaking ability. If he reaches his ceiling he very well could trim out to be the best WR in this draft. I’m hoping we can trade down from #3 and take Chase/Smith. Then we can roll the dice a bit with Marshall if he’s still there in the 2nd but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he goes towards the end of round 1 to say somebody like Baltimore or GB. If we get our assumed big time WR in the 1st then why not gamble on high upside with a big WR like TM? If I’m not mistaken I believe he’s really the only highly though of WR in this draft that has real size at 6’4.

My rankings...

1) Devonta Smith
2) Ja’Marr Chase
3) Jaylen Waddle
4) Rashod Bateman
5) Terrace Marshall
6) Tylan Wallace
7) Amon-Ra St Brown
8) Dwayne Eskridge
9) Kadarius Toney
10) Elijah Moore
11) Demetric Felton
12) Dez Fitzpatrick
13) Amari Rodgers
14) Rondale Moore
15) Tutu Atwell
16) Shi Smith
17) Nico Collins
18) Seth Williams
19) Dyami Brown
20) Trevon Grimes

My rankings...

1) Devonta Smith
2) Ja’Marr Chase
3) Jaylen Waddle
4) Rashod Bateman
5) Terrace Marshall
6) Tylan Wallace
7) Amon-Ra St Brown
8) Dwayne Eskridge
9) Kadarius Toney
10) Elijah Moore
11) Demetric Felton
12) Dez Fitzpatrick
13) Amari Rodgers
14) Rondale Moore
15) Tutu Atwell
16) Shi Smith
17) Nico Collins
18) Seth Williams
19) Dyami Brown
20) Trevon Grimes
RonDale Moore at 14? Is this bc of his injury history?

RonDale Moore at 14? Is this bc of his injury history?
I watched his tape. He doesn’t impress me with his route running. He looks a lot like the kid we got from Kentucky to me.

I honestly wonder how many people in here have ever even watched Bateman play. Bateman is an extremely polished route runner who has everything you want in a #1 receiver. The fact that Minnesota had terrible qb play and an overall awful team this year shouldnt be held against him. He is easily the better prospect at this point.

I honestly wonder how many people in here have ever even watched Bateman play. Bateman is an extremely polished route runner who has everything you want in a #1 receiver. The fact that Minnesota had terrible qb play and an overall awful team this year shouldnt be held against him. He is easily the better prospect at this point.
I can’t speak for others but for myself I’ve seen Bateman play quite a few times as I’m a huge college football fan. Yes this year Minnesota’s QB play wasn’t great but last year Tanner Morgan’s stats matched up about as well as any QB in the country. Bateman also had Tyler Johnson playing on the opposite side from him last year and he just helped TB win the Super Bowl as a 5th round pick.

Im not knocking Bateman at all in this thread as I think he’s a really talented guy. But when I watch him I see a solid yet unspectacular player if I’m projecting out to the pros. I think he’s very polished as someone stated above but I wonder how much better he could get? He looks to me as if he’s already close to his ceiling. I see a Mohammed Sanu type of career for him. A good player who will be solid and come up big from time to time but will never dominate and just take over a game at the NFL level. I think he’ll have a very solid career.

But when I watch Terrance Marshall I see a possible superstar. But I will say I also see a boom or bust type of deal with him. I think he’s either going to be great or he’ll bust. I don’t see any in between for him which means he’s a roll of the dice pick. I’m basing this on us picking our assumed superstar WR somewhere in the top 10 hopefully after a trade down from #3. So if we take Chase/Smith with our 1st pick and hopefully sign a WR out of FA then I’d like to see us roll the dice a bit with Marshall in round 2 if he makes it that far. Though I have a feeling after all the workouts he probably shoots up to the end of round 1 to somebody like Baltimore or GB. I’ll say again if I’m wrong somebody correct me but I believe he’s really the only highly thought of guy that has real size at 6’3/6’4 in this draft. It’s just rare to see WRs that big that can run like he can. Now he’ll definitely have to get stronger to beat press coverage at the NFL level but I just think his ceiling is through the roof.

So basically I think if you take Bateman you’re kind of going the safe route as like I said I think he’ll have a very solid career. But we’ve got all kinds of solid type players on our roster. I want to take a swing for a superstar type of player especially since we have the extra draft ammo to do it. I think Marshall fits the bill. Again this is just my humble opinion on the 2 players but none of this is a knock on Bateman.

Back
Top Bottom