Bateman or Marshall? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bateman or Marshall?

I honestly wonder how many people in here have ever even watched Bateman play. Bateman is an extremely polished route runner who has everything you want in a #1 receiver. The fact that Minnesota had terrible qb play and an overall awful team this year shouldnt be held against him. He is easily the better prospect at this point.
I am not sure he is a #1 WR but he is very good.

I could see him being a JuJu Smith Schuster caliber player at his top end, not quite a #1 but a very good WR.

And I agree about bad QB play, that is a very underrated part of college WR evaluation. talent can hide on teams with crappy QB play. Stephon Diggs is a great example of a guy like that.The QB play at Maryland was terrible when he was there so his production did not match his ability.

His injury history is pretty scary.

Even if you like him i can't see being at all confident he will be a reliable Pro.
No I agree that’s fair. The injury history is worrisome no doubt. But I was just saying me personally no way I rank him as low as 14th. I wouldn’t draft him in the 1st bc we’re going to be very dependent on our selections right out of the gate.

Now if you’re somebody like NO Baltimore or GB where he can be just integrated in slowly and have specific plays and packages designed for him then yeah I understand a late 1st round selection.

I’m just saying on his talent alone he’s definitely a 1st round talent and once again in my opinion no way I’d rank him 14th. But I do understand the injury concerns and if others see problems on his tape such as Kebo does then that’s a fair opinion bc at least he’s watched him and saw it for himself.

I am not sure he is a #1 WR but he is very good.

I could see him being a JuJu Smith Schuster caliber player at his top end, not quite a #1 but a very good WR.

And I agree about bad QB play, that is a very underrated part of college WR evaluation. talent can hide on teams with crappy QB play. Stephon Diggs is a great example of a guy like that.The QB play at Maryland was terrible when he was there so his production did not match his ability.

Yeah it was a horrible offense all round. It's run first with Bateman moved into the slot to occupy the LBs. It didn't help that Tanner Morgan fell off a cliff.

He caught COVID early on which was a concern with his asthma. Minnesota was racked with it. He didn't do badly this past year despite all that but he has a lot more to offer.

I think I must be missing something on Bateman, but the tape I have watched on him, nothing screams out like first round talent. I wouldn't take Marshall in round one either, both are day 2 picks in my view, I've liked more that I've seen from Marshall than Bateman though.

I think I must be missing something on Bateman, but the tape I have watched on him, nothing screams out like first round talent. I wouldn't take Marshall in round one either, both are day 2 picks in my view, I've liked more that I've seen from Marshall than Bateman though.
If you are looking at run after catch, it is not Bateman. If you are looking at who will get open downfield and catch the ball then he is your guy.

Bateman is my 3rd favorite recevier in this draft. He actually reminds me a lot of Michael Thomas and is extremely versatile.

Back
Top Bottom