Bates Must Go!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bates Must Go!!!!

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
We have Talent on this Defense. HE STAYS IN A VANILLA D. TO SEE TRENT GREEN RUN is sickening. Go ahead brekinridge, Defend HIM. Blitz packages non existent. No changing up the D.

I couldn't agree more! He just friggin never blitzes....didn't he learn against the Rams?

Where's O-Gun or Taylor anyway?

sad defense for sure...................

even the anouncers were getting a laugh towards the end of the game. they were pointing out obvious blitzing situations and then saying, well, miami obviously doesnt think this is a blitzing situation. they were laughing.

trent should have had dolphins up in his face all game. right up the middle blitzes forcing him to make plays on the run.

but give the guy his props. he didn't flintch and played a mistake free game. no high percentage dump off scardey stuff, down the field big plays and it killed us.

i wish our qb would have played like that.

I may be wrong...

... but I saw Bates call quite a few blitzs today, in fact that's when Gonzalez hurt them. Bates is not the BEST DC ever, but let's not forget the Genius in New England got schooled by this offense last week.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Denny
We have Talent on this Defense. HE STAYS IN A VANILLA D. TO SEE TRENT GREEN RUN is sickening. Go ahead brekinridge, Defend HIM. Blitz packages non existent. No changing up the D.

Re: I may be wrong...

Originally posted by Oliver
... but I saw Bates call quite a few blitzs today, in fact that's when Gonzalez hurt them. Bates is not the BEST DC ever, but let's not forget the Genius in New England got schooled by this offense last week.

Oliver...

Actually... I wouldn't call it a "schooling" ... this offense scored some points against NE... but NE made some adjustments to try and correct that... something Bates hasn't been able or willing to do... I personally love the coaching staff in Miami... except Bates, I think we could do much better ... especially with the talent we have. Here we were, getting burned by Gonzo all through the first half... so what did we do in the 2nd? The SAME THING. No changes... no different looks... no adjustments... that's why I don't like Bates...he seems unable to adapt.

WRONG.....Gonzo was catching balls down the middle in the first half.....we must have cut that off because in the second half...most of his receptions were to the outside.

Where were we supposed to roll help in from?....Let's face it....we won't see many offenses this year that are that good.....there were too many options and we didn't have the man power to stop them all.....when you sell out to stop Holmes you better have a good pass rush or You're gonna get torn up on the pass...

Glad to see that everyone is sufficiently pessimistic after this loss.

Well, I'm glad it was to the Chiefs. What an offense. The 2nd coming of Coryall's Chargers with Kellen Winslow? Nah probably not, but they scored a whole lot of points against the Patriots, Browns, and Dolphins. They are good.

I think maybe this is a wake-up call for Bates. I mean, you're playing JT out there with a class 2 sprain in his MCL, and you leave the d-line out there by themselves all day? Ogunleye's pretty good, but not that good. That OL is very good and they definitely needed to be blitzed more. Its pretty bad when an offense is able to hurt us point-wise that much, just with basically Trent Green's running, Tony Gonzales catching, odd and costly penalties, and whoever is being covered by Jamar Fletcher catching the ball consistently

Please get healthy Patrick Surtain...please...

Jeez, just give the other team some credit will ya? Yes, the defense played bad and gave up a ton of points. But (and yes, try to quote me on this later in the year, I DID say this) I believe that the Chiefs have the NFL's best offense. Their defense sucks, but they have the NFL's best offense as they have already scored 40+ points in three of their games and all three of those were against VERY GOOD defensive teams in Cleveland, Miami, and New England.

Just because we couldn't stop Tony Gonzalez doesn't mean we suck. Kansas City's o-coordinator did a good job today. Especially on that 42 yard Gonzalez score. They lined him up in the backfield and the defense wasn't prepared for that. So he got fairly open and then Madison caught him, slowed him up so someone could take him down, and then Freeman came full speed and missed. Bates had no help from his players today. And, Kansas City has the best o-line in the NFL too. It was hard to get a good pass rush with just 4 guys. If we blitzed the linebackers, then Gonzalez would have been wide open every play and then Mr.Denny would have been just as pissed off. Kansas City is a very good football team and will turn heads this season. Their only problem is that they play in the NFL's best division and that is trouble for the AFC East since they match up with them this season. Oh, well, we are sitting at 3-1 and in a tie for first place in the AFC East. At least we aren't Rams fans, that must suck.

It's kinda of hard to blitz effectively when the Chiefs were mostly in spread formations. If they would have been in 2-WR sets, we could have blitzed more effectively.

I've re-watched the first half so far. And EVERY SINGLE PASS PLAY (except one) has come from a spread formation. Almost every play has come with 4 and 5 guys outside. ONE play came with 3 guys outside. But two ran routes out of the backfield. THE OTHER was a trick play that we snuffed out. THAT'S IT. Everything else from the spread.

When you have 5 routes to cover, it's pretty hard to blitz. Especially when one of those guys...Gonzalez...can't be covered by any one man.

You know what I am worried about now? Jt's injury, Patrick Surtain's injury and Mark Dixon's injury. I was watching the Patriots game today and the announcers brought up the fact that the Patriots show a blitz from the right side but fall back and the left side is actually attacked. If Dixon can't go...it could be lights out for Jay ala Testeverde in week two with the fumble. Also, Ricky still accounted for over 100 yards of Offense this week which is good. If Fletcher has to start another game I think I am going to have a damn seizure. Bates needs a good talking to with the WHOLE DEFENSE and it needs to be stressed that everyone needs to play more aggresively whether it be in a vanilla style or with blitzes. I would rather take a pass intereference or late hit on the qb then get burned by Trent F'n Green for over 300. At least with aggresive penalties the other teams knows you aren't afraid to nail them or hurt them. Pshycological edge...

someones got to get his attention, but I dont know about firing him just yet.

While the Chiefs made it hard for us to blitz.......and he called a good game last week....I still don't like Bates. I hate how he allows the offense to dictate the pace and matchups of a game. I'm sorry, but we're not the 2000 Ravens defense (nobody is). And therefore we can't just sit there and say, "Try and move the ball however you want".

Defense Broke instead of Bending

Originally posted by Samphin
You know what I am worried about now? Jt's injury, Patrick Surtain's injury and Mark Dixon's injury. I was watching the Patriots game today and the announcers brought up the fact that the Patriots show a blitz from the right side but fall back and the left side is actually attacked. If Dixon can't go...it could be lights out for Jay ala Testeverde in week two with the fumble. Also, Ricky still accounted for over 100 yards of Offense this week which is good. If Fletcher has to start another game I think I am going to have a damn seizure. Bates needs a good talking to with the WHOLE DEFENSE and it needs to be stressed that everyone needs to play more aggresively whether it be in a vanilla style or with blitzes. I would rather take a pass intereference or late hit on the qb then get burned by Trent F'n Green for over 300. At least with aggresive penalties the other teams knows you aren't afraid to nail them or hurt them. Pshycological edge...

Good point about the defense..I'd rather see an aggressiveness at the cost of a penalty here or there..

Back
Top Bottom