Bates or Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bates or Saban

wazzy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now be honest how many people thought it was a bad decision when they gave the head coaching job to Saban after Bates did such a good job especially after the win over New England on the Monday Nighter

just a bunch of pessimists, I think alot of people knew Bates would never get the HC job for us.

Bates would had been nice, but we needed a full change of philisophy.

I agree with you both but It just seemed everything was going good when he was there plus I have always liked Bates he should of been HC over Wanny 5 years ago

I wasnt disappointed at all. I didnt want Bates to get the job to be honest with you. He did a good job at the end, cant deny that, but I wanted a change and Bates was to much a part of the Wanny era imo

I am glad we got Saban. When Wanny was canned, Saban was always my number 1 choice. Bates would have been nice, but we needed a change.

Yep but the coulds and shoulds are over, and besides probably the same draft philisophy would continue, you know too many LBs with speed, that end up not even making the roster and stuff like that, Im happy we are changing. Besides I dont see Bates having the personality and leadership Saban has.

I didn't want to keep Bates as coach. I wouldn't have cared if he stayed on staff, but I'm glad he's not our coach.

Bates could have gotten himself the job.

But after his Howard Dean type outburst (when he bumped chests with a player) there was no chance that Wayne was going to invest millions in him to be the new face of the Dolphins.

I'm glad we got Saban because I could never see Bates leading us to the Super Bowl.

I think Bates did prety well at the end b/c the players were kinda relieved they fired wanny. it was kinda like a change of pace for them, like a fresh start. Personally i didnt want bates for the job.

Bates was a players coach. The players liked him a lot. So did many of us. But after the 4-12 season that Wanny lead us down, it needed to change. I think most of us agree that wiping the slate clean and starting over was the best bet.

I think Bates was great for our team, just not as a HC.

IceStorm said:
Bates was a players coach. The players liked him a lot. So did many of us. But after the 4-12 season that Wanny lead us down, it needed to change. I think most of us agree that wiping the slate clean and starting over was the best bet.

I think Bates was great for our team, just not as a HC.

:yeahthat:

Bates i think was good, he was better then Wanny, but Huizenga wanted Saban, but i woudl have loved to see Jim Bates stay with us for D-Coord, but he's in Green Bay, and there D is HORRIBLE

Back
Top Bottom