BCS releases playoff proposals for 2014 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS releases playoff proposals for 2014

The ACC now has a deal with the Orange Bowl. It looks like to me nothing much has changed except that the Big East no longer has AQ status despite being better in the BCS era than the ACC. It just so happens that a few ACC teams have slightly bigger names bulit on success from many years ago...cough...Miami...cough...FSU...cough...

The ACC now has a deal with the Orange Bowl. It looks like to me nothing much has changed except that the Big East no longer has AQ status despite being better in the BCS era than the ACC. It just so happens that a few ACC teams have slightly bigger names bulit on success from many years ago...cough...Miami...cough...FSU...cough...

It also doesn't help the Big Least that they're basically CUSA from 2004, while the ACC has all of the bigger markets/teams in it. The Big Least sucks.

It also doesn't help the Big Least that they're basically CUSA from 2004, while the ACC has all of the bigger markets/teams in it. The Big Least sucks.

Not according BCS bowl records compared to the ACC. The ACC is the one that truly sucks. But I guess perception is everything.

"We used to be really good so that means we're better than you now. Even though our BCS record is 2-12 and the Big East's is 7-7. We're still better."

Not according BCS bowl records compared to the ACC. The ACC is the one that truly sucks. But I guess perception is everything.

"We used to be really good so that means we're better than you now. Even though our BCS record is 2-12 and the Big East's is 7-7. We're still better."

Who cares about the BCS record? The Big East doesn't have any teams worth giving a giant bowl contract to. Memphis? Louisville? USF? Temple? or...Miami/Florida State/Virginia Tech/Syracuse/etc.? Big Least is basically the old Metro/old CUSA. They're teetering on collapse (football-wise) and just aren't taken seriously, especially with WVU leaving.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

So do you count Miami's 3 BCS wins in that?

As Cedar said, who cares about BCS records. It's about money. Nobody wants to see Big East teams while ACC teams like FSU and especially Miami still draw high TV ratings despite mediocrity.

Who cares about the BCS record? The Big East doesn't have any teams worth giving a giant bowl contract to. Memphis? Louisville? USF? Temple? or...Miami/Florida State/Virginia Tech/Syracuse/etc.? Big Least is basically the old Metro/old CUSA. They're teetering on collapse (football-wise) and just aren't taken seriously, especially with WVU leaving.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

So do you count Miami's 3 BCS wins in that?

Miami has 3 BCS wins in the ACC? Their BCS NC was while they were still in the Big East, as were their other 2 wins. The 2-12 record is for BCS games, non-NC. I don't think you really want to see the ACC record for the entire BCS series.

As Cedar said, who cares about BCS records. It's about money. Nobody wants to see Big East teams while ACC teams like FSU and especially Miami still draw high TV ratings despite mediocrity.

Unless FSU and Miami start doing something soon, they won't be drawing high ratings anymore (if they even do now). But that's my entire point. It's not about play on the field; its about history, perception, and perceived drawing power for TV rankings. Louisville is recovering from the Steve Krathorpe era under Charlie Strong's watch quite nicely. I think we will be stepping up to the plate over the next 3 or 4 years to wedge our way into the "big boy" table.

Miami has 3 BCS wins in the ACC? Their BCS NC was while they were still in the Big East, as were their other 2 wins. The 2-12 record is for BCS games, non-NC. I don't think you really want to see the ACC record for the entire BCS series.

Why are you trying to use something that happened 10 years ago with a team that's not even still in your conference as an asset? Nobody wants to watch 2004 CUSA football. Miami and Florida State, North Carolina and Dook, Virginia and Virginia Tech, Pitt and Sorrycuse, etc. are always going to be big names. USF? Houston? the team with the funny colored turf? laff laff laff.

Unless FSU and Miami start doing something soon, they won't be drawing high ratings anymore (if they even do now). But that's my entire point. It's not about play on the field; its about history, perception, and perceived drawing power for TV rankings. Louisville is recovering from the Steve Krathorpe era under Charlie Strong's watch quite nicely. I think we will be stepping up to the plate over the next 3 or 4 years to wedge our way into the "big boy" table.

Good luck wedging your way into the big boy table... It's not about the play, nor has it ever been, or will be. And really, 6 of the 7 BCS wins for the Big East are by teams no longer even in the conference. It will always be about the money. Mediocre has been's like Miami and FSU still reel in tons of TV viewers. Mediocre never were and never will be's like Louisville don't, and you can say the same for the entire conference sans Boise, and not even they bring great TV ratings. Hence why the ACC gets an Orange Bowl deal and the Big East doesn't even have AQ status anymore.

I hope Notre Dame (provided they get 9 wins or something) gets a tie-in to the Orange Bowl. That'd be pretty good for TV ratings.

if thats the case...you have a better chance at beating kentucky next year in basketball. U of L is good school, but wont be an elite football school stick to basketball

Back
Top Bottom