BCS scenarios as season winds down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS scenarios as season winds down

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here is an interesting one to start this thread......

All 3 of the phoney teams who would all lose at least 2 games if they played in the SEC and yet are still undefeated(Oregon, K State, Notre Dame) play on the road next week. As we have seen, Notre Dame is capable of losing to anyone, so BC has a shot. They also still have to face USC. K St plays at TCU who isnt good but, ya never know, and Oregon plays a rival in Cal. They also still have to go on the road to face Oregon St in the civil war in a couple of weeks.

Lets say all 3 of these teams lose a game.

This opens up Florida to come in the back door and face Bama in the title game. So hypothetically, Florida may have done themselves a favor by losing to Georgia. Had they beaten Georgia, they would clearly be ranked #2 going into the SEC title game, but would have to face Bama then. A loss in that game would eliminate Florida from a rematch in the BCS title game even if all the other teams lose a game.

But, now with Georgia stepping up to take that loss in the SEC championship, Florida could be sitting there ranked #2 before that SEC title game is even played if those other 3 teams drop a game.

In other words, if I were a gator fan(thankfully Im not) I would be fine with Georgia winning out. I really want no part of playing Bama in the SEC title game. Whats the point? Its really Florida's best and only real path to the BCS title game. Have Georgia win the rest of their regular season games while Oregon, K State, and ND all drop a game.

Really, its almost a shame LSU cant get the rematch like Bama did last year. That was a great game and we all know that was the two best teams in the country. Well, those of us with sense do. Some people love the Oregon hype. Having 2 losses kills LSU's hopes though.

So which teams do you think will make it, if any, of that group guys? Post your thoughts here.

Id say ND is the most likely to lose even though they only play one more decent team in USC. ND just isnt that good.

Oregon is next likely to lose IMHO because they have a couple of road games left in the conference.

K State I think will win out. They could lose, but I dont see who is going to beat them.

One of those teams will likely win out though and suffer a massive beat down by NICK SABAN in the BCS championship.
ROLL ****ING TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll pass on watching 2 SEC teams battle it out with McCarron vs. whatever horrific QB the other team is trotting out. Same with Notre Dame. At least Oregon or KSU makes it interesting. Neither will win, but neither will any of the overrated SEC teams like Florida, Georgia, and LSU. But we all know those will be snoozefests with horrendous QB's.

At this point it looks like the Gators can do no worse than the Citrus Bowl (refuse to call it by that other name) which is just fine with me after how awful our last two seasons have been. And there's an outside shot at the Sugar Bowl. We won't be playing in the SEC title game as that would require a Georgia loss to Awfulburn. But if you had told me at the beginning of the season that we would in all likelihood be 10-1 going into Tallacrappy I would have laughed at you. I just wish that loss could have been to someone like A&M or LSU instead of Georgia.

I don't think we'll get into the title game either because I really don't see Oregon or K-State losing any of their remaining games. I could see ND dropping one to USC though. I would LOVE to see all four finish the regular season undefeated ensuring maximum chaos and butthurt.

I'll pass on watching 2 SEC teams battle it out with McCarron vs. whatever horrific QB the other team is trotting out. Same with Notre Dame. At least Oregon or KSU makes it interesting. Neither will win, but neither will any of the overrated SEC teams like Florida, Georgia, and LSU. But we all know those will be snoozefests with horrendous QB's.

Could be worse...could be some silly ACC team....Nahhh....that would NEVER happen.

Bama vs K State would be interesting. K State plays very underrated defense. Not saying they'd win, but I think they have a good enough defense to make the game interesting.

Oregon would probably be interesting as well, though their defense will probably get beat up.

Notre Dame's defense is good enough to keep the game close, but the offense would get destroyed by Bama's D. That offense has struggled against Michigan, BYU, Stanford, and Pittsburgh all at home. They'll get murdered by the Bama D on a neutral field.

And just for fun, while Louisville would have no shot at winning, I would love to see Teddy Bridgewater and Charlie Strong (both of whom I think are special) go up against an elite opponent.

I think Bama is gonna win the national title, but I think K State and Oregon would be more interesting than given credit for.

Bama vs K State would be interesting. K State plays very underrated defense. Not saying they'd win, but I think they have a good enough defense to make the game interesting.

Oregon would probably be interesting as well, though their defense will probably get beat up.

Notre Dame's defense is good enough to keep the game close, but the offense would get destroyed by Bama's D. That offense has struggled against Michigan, BYU, Stanford, and Pittsburgh all at home. They'll get murdered by the Bama D on a neutral field.

And just for fun, while Louisville would have no shot at winning, I would love to see Teddy Bridgewater and Charlie Strong (both of whom I think are special) go up against an elite opponent.

I think Bama is gonna win the national title, but I think K State and Oregon would be more interesting than given credit for.

How about a mediocre opponent? Loserville getting blasted in the Carrier Dome by the Cuse.

Here is an interesting one to start this thread......

All 3 of the phoney teams who would all lose at least 2 games if they played in the SEC and yet are still undefeated(Oregon, K State, Notre Dame) play on the road next week. As we have seen, Notre Dame is capable of losing to anyone, so BC has a shot. They also still have to face USC. K St plays at TCU who isnt good but, ya never know, and Oregon plays a rival in Cal. They also still have to go on the road to face Oregon St in the civil war in a couple of weeks.

Lets say all 3 of these teams lose a game.

This opens up Florida to come in the back door and face Bama in the title game. So hypothetically, Florida may have done themselves a favor by losing to Georgia. Had they beaten Georgia, they would clearly be ranked #2 going into the SEC title game, but would have to face Bama then. A loss in that game would eliminate Florida from a rematch in the BCS title game even if all the other teams lose a game.

But, now with Georgia stepping up to take that loss in the SEC championship, Florida could be sitting there ranked #2 before that SEC title game is even played if those other 3 teams drop a game.

In other words, if I were a gator fan(thankfully Im not) I would be fine with Georgia winning out. I really want no part of playing Bama in the SEC title game. Whats the point? Its really Florida's best and only real path to the BCS title game. Have Georgia win the rest of their regular season games while Oregon, K State, and ND all drop a game.

Really, its almost a shame LSU cant get the rematch like Bama did last year. That was a great game and we all know that was the two best teams in the country. Well, those of us with sense do. Some people love the Oregon hype. Having 2 losses kills LSU's hopes though.

So which teams do you think will make it, if any, of that group guys? Post your thoughts here.

Id say ND is the most likely to lose even though they only play one more decent team in USC. ND just isnt that good.

Oregon is next likely to lose IMHO because they have a couple of road games left in the conference.

K State I think will win out. They could lose, but I dont see who is going to beat them.

One of those teams will likely win out though and suffer a massive beat down by NICK SABAN in the BCS championship.
ROLL ****ING TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you trying to say that WVU has no shot?

:lol:

So we're going from the Paint Dry Bowl (LSU v. Alabama) to the No Defense Bowl (Oregon v. KState). Playoff can't get here soon enough.

Then again, something else entirely might happen.

:chuckle: Roll Tide. :chuckle:

Can't wait to hear about how this is just "SEC football". That was a Big 12 team that went in there and beat up Bama. Couldn't happen to a better group.

Then again, something else entirely might happen.

:chuckle: Roll Tide. :chuckle:

Yea, 2 of the last 3 unbeatens could lose a game and the SEC champion between Georgia and Bama could dominate whoever is left in the BCS championship.

Notre Dame could definately lose to USC even though USC blows. Notre Dame shouldve already lost. If they are in the title game over an SEC team its a joke.

Oregon, the hip hop lovers favorite, could definately drop a game. If they survive on the road tonight(so far they arent running over a terrible Cal team) still have 3 games left to play. The civil war is on the road this year and its always a battle.

K St..... personally, I dont see them losing to Baylor or Texas. To me, they are the best of the remaining group.

Anyone with sense though, knows that the best teams in the country are Bama, LSU, Georgia, Tex A&M, Florida, and South Carolina. Id take any of those teams on a regular basis vs. any of these pretenders from weak conferences, especially the hip hop favorite Oregon.

A lot of **** talkers out there love the Oregon team with their ugly uniforms, high school offense, massive cheating in recruiting, terrible defense, and hip hop culture. **** Oregon. Personally, Id love for it to wind up being Bama vs. Oregon just so we could bitch slap them and shut down the clueless who think they are so good.

Are you trying to say that WVU has no shot?

:lol:

Been saying that for years. Big east is no different without them. Bunch of garbage teams with inflated records from playing nobodies in the non conference and the top 2 or 3 teams taking turns beating each other in conference. :lol:

Which teams would WVU have lost to this time in the big east? Annual loss to South Florida? Beaten by UConn like in 2010? Loserville probably wouldve beaten them like they did last year in Morgantown. They mightve actually beaten Syracuse this year since it wouldnt have been in the Carrier Dome where WVU got beaten like Loserville did today. What a blowout that was..... I mean by Syracuse last year on WVU. :lol:

Funny thing is, they wouldve dropped a couple of those games and still be ranked top 15, then beaten some garbage team in a bowl game by scoring 60+, wound up in the top 10 and mountaineer fans would still be pretending they are so good. :lol:

Its really no different than a lot of these teams in trash conferences though. All of these pretenders could step in to the SEC and drop 2 games guaranteed. Everyone talking about Tex A &M being a big 12 team. Well, they lost twice in the SEC. Had they stayed in the Big 12, they would likely be undefeated and battling K St for the conference title.

Yea, 2 of the last 3 unbeatens could lose a game and the SEC champion between Georgia and Bama could dominate whoever is left in the BCS championship.

Notre Dame could definately lose to USC even though USC blows. Notre Dame shouldve already lost. If they are in the title game over an SEC team its a joke.

Oregon, the hip hop lovers favorite, could definately drop a game. If they survive on the road tonight(so far they arent running over a terrible Cal team) still have 3 games left to play. The civil war is on the road this year and its always a battle.

K St..... personally, I dont see them losing to Baylor or Texas. To me, they are the best of the remaining group.

Anyone with sense though, knows that the best teams in the country are Bama, LSU, Georgia, Tex A&M, Florida, and South Carolina. Id take any of those teams on a regular basis vs. any of these pretenders from weak conferences, especially the hip hop favorite Oregon.

A lot of **** talkers out there love the Oregon team with their ugly uniforms, high school offense, massive cheating in recruiting, terrible defense, and hip hop culture. **** Oregon. Personally, Id love for it to wind up being Bama vs. Oregon just so we could bitch slap them and shut down the clueless who think they are so good.

Someone added cranky pills to his possum stew last night...

Back
Top Bottom