Be honest | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Be honest

Phishstix

Finheaven's Fattest Pimp
Reaction score
are some of you guys biased against feeley b/c his name is similar to jay's? i get the sense that some of you are. it's just a coincidence fellas, don't let the name thing cloud your judgement of the guy. lets see what he's got first.

no its the only way people would be happy in miami in the QB situation is if they have a "marino type" player.

For now I would settle for a guy that has a little better chance at being a good QB than AJ Feeley....I dont mind the pickup I've been espousing either Feeley or Volek for a while now as guys to compete with Sage for the start.

What I absolutely despise is what we are paying for Feeley. A 2nd rounder next year. Equivalent to a 3rd rounder this year. Basically we're giving up as much for Feeley as the Skins are for Brunell. Craziness. What I hate most is the price for Feeley means we'll be "giving up" on REAL talents like Rivers and Henson.

You actually started a thread on this.....?

I lost 10 IQ points clicking on the damn thread title....

Originally posted by Phishstix
are some of you guys biased against feeley b/c his name is similar to jay's? i get the sense that some of you are. it's just a coincidence fellas, don't let the name thing cloud your judgement of the guy. lets see what he's got first.

You are half right. People don't like him because he doesn't have a great name.

Of course, I can't speak for anyone else...I am hoping that he makes a name for himself.

The hero-worship of the QB position is never-ending. Fans used to be able to "feel" good about there team because they had this guy with a great name..."Marino".

Guys like Delhomme, or Kitna, or Hassleback, or even Brady...don't send chills up your spine (whatever that is), or at least there was a time when they were just a third string QB.

It's a shame really. We have a history of a couple players developing a great name with the Dolphins.

Fans will applaud this move if it works. If it doesn't...they will run Feeley's name into the ground. They will mock it and pat themselves on the back for knowing that it would never work.

That says more about the fans themselves than it does about some Quarterback's name.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
For now I would settle for a guy that has a little better chance at being a good QB than AJ Feeley....I dont mind the pickup I've been espousing either Feeley or Volek for a while now as guys to compete with Sage for the start.

What I absolutely despise is what we are paying for Feeley. A 2nd rounder next year. Equivalent to a 3rd rounder this year. Basically we're giving up as much for Feeley as the Skins are for Brunell. Craziness. What I hate most is the price for Feeley means we'll be "giving up" on REAL talents like Rivers and Henson.

Isn't it a third rounder next year equivalent to a 4th this year? My understanding is that it only becomes a 2nd if Feeley performs well enough to trigger the conditions.

Originally posted by Phishstix

I didn't even notice until you brought it up!! Now I hate him more...

We don't like Feely because he is a another teams third string QB and we need a Super Bowl QB.

An interesting bit of trivia for you, last year he was available and no one wanted him. Why do you think that is?

Because he was not peceived to be good enough.

Re: Re: Be honest

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

You are half right. People don't like him because he doesn't have a great name.

Of course, I can't speak for anyone else...I am hoping that he makes a name for himself.

The hero-worship of the QB position is never-ending. Fans used to be able to "feel" good about there team because they had this guy with a great name..."Marino".

Guys like Delhomme, or Kitna, or Hassleback, or even Brady...don't send chills up your spine (whatever that is), or at least there was a time when they were just a third string QB.

It's a shame really. We have a history of a couple players developing a great name with the Dolphins.

Fans will applaud this move if it works. If it doesn't...they will run Feeley's name into the ground. They will mock it and pat themselves on the back for knowing that it would never work.

That says more about the fans themselves than it does about some Quarterback's name.

i couldnt agree more. we have a bunch of :cry: :cry: :cry: because we didnt get some big name.

Originally posted by fin-atic
We don't like Feely because he is a another teams third string QB and we need a Super Bowl QB.

An interesting bit of trivia for you, last year he was available and no one wanted him. Why do you think that is?

really? i didnt know that the whole NFL was looking for a QB then.

I am against the trade because I don't think we should be giving up a second rounder for a third string QB who had a 75 QB rating and a 55% completion percentage when he started. I also think a 5 year, 18 million dollar contract is too much. I am not against AJ Feeley, I hope he does very well, but I do think we overpaid. This has nothing to do with his last name. I actually defended Fiedler for a long time.

Actually, one of the Eagle Fans who tried to get people to see past their unwarranted furor actually posted an article that stated the Eagles WERE approached last season by a few teams. They elected to keep him because no one would meet their asking price.. In another article, Herm Edwards admitted to offering "something similar to Miami's" THIS season...

Man, I see that we're gonna have some guys posting negative stuff about this guy every single day for the rest of the off-season. We know some people don't like the move. You guys don't have to tell us a million times every week.

Ozzy rules!!

actually, when pennington went down last season, the jets tried to trade for feeley, but the eagles' asking price was too much. what is a sb qb? the last 5 winners were nobodies who got their chance. isn't it odd that out of all 6 probowl qbs, none have a ring. was marino a sb qb? his right finger looks bare to me. can this fella get a fair shake before you and others tar and feather him?

Back
Top Bottom