Beaking News: UM chooses Shannon as head football coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beaking News: UM chooses Shannon as head football coach

305TillIDie

Dade County Goonz
Reaction score
:woot: :woot: :woot:

The University of Miami has a new head football coach.
UM defensive coordinator Randy Shannon accepted the position Thursday, according to a well-placed university source.
An announcement by UM is scheduled for Friday.
Shannon, 40, a Miami native, becomes only the sixth black head coach in Division I football. He replaces Larry Coker, who was fired last month after six seasons.
Shannon graduated from Norland High and then UM in 1989. He was a member of the 1987 Hurricanes national championship team and an 11th-round draft choice of the Dallas Cowboys in 1989. Shannon was a Miami Dolphins defensive assistant in 1998 and 1999 before becoming Miami's linebackers coach in 2000.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16189333.htm

good move. i hope he hires a good offensive coach.

**** all these articles with the sixth black coach crap...screw the skin color. shouldn't matter what the color it is. just judge the person.

DeathStar said:
good move. i hope he hires a good offensive coach.

**** all these articles with the sixth black coach crap...screw the skin color. shouldn't matter what the color it is. just judge the person.

Yeah man, white, black, hispanic, w/e just give me a good football coach.

And Shannon is gonna be a great one for us :D

DeathStar said:
good move.

i hope he hires a good offensive coach.

**** all these articles with the sixth black coach crap...screw the skin color. shouldn't matter what color it is.
color dont matter..amen to that

that the first thing Shannon has to do..i hope they choose the right guy for OC

great pick up but one question

if he wins a NC will everyone say it was with Coker's players?

i kid i kid :tongue:

Maaaan, I totally had the scoop on this...except I posted it in the draft forum :lol:

Good hire though. I wish him the best.

AirFishOne said:

We play you guys next year or in 08?

AirFishOne said:

coker doesn't have any players :lol:

Just not excited by this.

Shannon was just as guilty of not making in game adjustments as the Cane offensive coaches were.
Shannon was part of the absolute mess the program became.

I really felt they needed to go outside and infuse some new blood here to really turn over a new leaf.

Hope it works out well but I can't help feeling this is exactly what Shalalala and the admin. wants. Just pass it off to someone they can get off on the cheaps with and continue to devalue the program.

I had held out hope when they "seemed" to go into this coaching search with aggression but I can't help but feel it was all smoke and mirrors. Everything my booster friends predicted happening has in fact happened.

I hope Shannon does great but I'm just not optimistic.

Trekbiz said:
Just not excited by this.

Shannon was just as guilty of not making in game adjustments as the Cane offensive coaches were.
Shannon was part of the absolute mess the program became.

I really felt they needed to go outside and infuse some new blood here to really turn over a new leaf.

Hope it works out well but I can't help feeling this is exactly what Shalalala and the admin. wants. Just pass it off to someone they can get off on the cheaps with and continue to devalue the program.

I had held out hope when they "seemed" to go into this coaching search with aggression but I can't help but feel it was all smoke and mirrors. Everything my booster friends predicted happening has in fact happened.

I hope Shannon does great but I'm just not optimistic.

Come on man the defense was 12th ranked in points allowed, and kept us in so many games. They played well enough to go undefeated.

Actually 1 loss. They didnt play well vs Louisville on the second half but other than that they were great most of the year.

I dont see how anyone could have a problem with Shannon

Wombat said:
Hopefully Dirk Koetter of Arizona st. can be a good Offensive Coordinator and help develop Kyle Wright.

:sidelol: good one

good luck with that looks like my noles will just have to keep our win streak alive against you guys for even longer now haha

Back
Top Bottom