Bears Fans Rip Dolphins Organization!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears Fans Rip Dolphins Organization!!!!!

I was over on the Windy City MB, and they are pissed that Kruetz hasn't resigned especially since he is considering Miami and Wannstedt as a possible destination.
They talk about him like he is a beast on the field and an excellent leader who doesn't take any s**t from anybody and will do anything he can to protect the QB including taking a 15 yarder if he feels like somebody has roughed up the QB a little too much. They say he is the heart and soul of their running game(some say offense). They are really going to be upset if they lose him.
BUT.......
They also say that all that toughness is made for Chicago Bears' football, NOT Miami football. I almost felt sorry for them until I read that.
F'em! We need that fire here in Chi Town South. :evil: :lol:

They are just upset that they might lose a good center. Plus the hate Wannstedt for his tenure there.

I am really hopeful that Dave and Co. can bring a Super Bowl to Miami this season, cause I think we are going to be in cap hell come 2003-2004.

Yep, somewhere in the near future, this salary cap is gonna give us trouble. Unless it goes up a whole bunch

A couple of things to consider...

1) Neither player is signed, sealed and delivered yet...so let's hold off.

2) Also, we were supposed to be cap hell a week ago...seems to me that was managed o.k.

3) You know its also funny but a couple of years ago everybody blasted the Redskins for sacrificing the cap in future years...guess what...doesn't seem to be much of a problem now...

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Williams, Kruetz, and Chester are all Dolphins soon... at least then the organization will have come up big.

Till then, its pins and needles time.

I don't understand why people think RW would be expensice against the cap. His cap # for the next few years is under 1mill. He would actully be the cheapest option as far as cap goes at rb. Kreutz is expensive, but so is Ruddy and he would be cut if we land Olin. Chester is only 1.5 mill a year hardly a blockbuster signing. As far as the rest of the team goes Speilman has handled the cap very nicley. Bownes and Feilder got signed for a lot of money, but they will never see the end of their contracts, and he made it so the Dolphins would not take a big hit when released.

Originally posted by ac_lanham
Yep, somewhere in the near future, this salary cap is gonna give us trouble. Unless it goes up a whole bunch

That is an ignorant statement. For the 2004 season we currently have 12 players signed for $38 mill. We actually have 13 signed, but my source doesnt have him listed. Before the 2004 season the likes of Fiedler & Ruddy(if Kreutz is signed) will be cut. Are cap shape is pretty good at the moment.

Originally posted by SMadison29

That is an ignorant statement. For the 2004 season we currently have 12 players signed for $38 mill. We actually have 13 signed, but my source doesnt have him listed. Before the 2004 season the likes of Fiedler & Ruddy(if Kreutz is signed) will be cut. Are cap shape is pretty good at the moment.

$38 million? Try taking a look at my statements here at the bottom.

You think we are going to cut Olin after 2 years? Your insane. The hit to the salary cap would be 1.75 million before the guarenteed portion of his deal (trust me Chicago offered him nearly the same and he's flying here tommorow which means part of it must be guarenteed). As for Jay your nuts again. He comes very cheaply and the only way he gets cut is if he is sucking it up then we have an out. However if he is hitting the incentives then it would be stupid to cut him after we freaking groomed him.

If we lose anyone it will be those near the end of their contract and unfortunately the only one near the end of their contract is Zack Thomas and I still see this team signing him to an extension. Anyways rest of the stuff is in my comments here

Not necessarily...

Originally posted by Dajesus
I don't understand why people think RW would be expensice against the cap. His cap # for the next few years is under 1mill. He would actully be the cheapest option as far as cap goes at rb. Kreutz is expensive, but so is Ruddy and he would be cut if we land Olin. Chester is only 1.5 mill a year hardly a blockbuster signing. As far as the rest of the team goes Speilman has handled the cap very nicley. Bownes and Feilder got signed for a lot of money, but they will never see the end of their contracts, and he made it so the Dolphins would not take a big hit when released.

That's not necessarily true about Ruddy. The Miami Herald (Article ) is reporting that Ruddy may move to LT if the deal with Kreutz is consummated. I believe this could be an incredible move. We all know Ruddy is an excellent lineman and if he can make the transition LT with relative ease and maintain his present performance level then the 'Fins O-line would be a force to be reckoned with.

Correction EXPO88

The report is that Ruddy will move to left guard if Kreutz is signed.

If we keep restructuring contracts, and pushing money into the future...it comes due at some point.

What about Dixon? Will we be in better shape this year, if he retires/cut? Will we be in better shape next year, if he retires/cut?

Originally posted by dolfan87
I am really hopeful that Dave and Co. can bring a Super Bowl to Miami this season, cause I think we are going to be in cap hell come 2003-2004.
me too - I also would wonder if RW can be re-signed / extended with all the money going to other players like Olin, but since we have not the big one since I was 10, why should I care as long as we win it.

Oh yeah, maybe because I remember shula's last season

Originally posted by dolfan87
They are just upset that they might lose a good center. Plus the hate Wannstedt for his tenure there.

Who isn't hoping that we win the Super Bowl?

Back
Top Bottom