Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes?

finswin56 said:
30 isn't necessarily the magic number for every skill position. RB's are notorous for their decline at 30, but they run full speed into a wall nearly every play. Relatively speaking, CB's have it easy. Many CB's excel into their mid 30's, unless mitigated by injury. Pat's not 24 anymore, but he still has plenty of years as a starter left.

yeah, the name..Darrel Green comes to mind.

Rumor has it the bears are offering Azumah to the jets for a pic. Maybe they are making room for Surtain

Did you guys miss this gem?

Phin-o-rama said:
i'd rather see Ricky get off the pot :cooldude:

:roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

uhhh.. ok..aparently YOU dont watch many games because Tillman only played in 7 games last season, and RW McQ started ALL those games PLUS the first 4 that Azumah was injured during. so starter by default or not, RW started almost every game. McQ also led all CBs in tackles last year so are you sure your not the one who needs to catch up??

Now, Oboy, i agree with you a lot as well. especially the fact that their corners have ego problems. they make so much money because they were young when those contracts were made and they appeared to be promising young corners. well both of them ended up being average at best so chicago is kinda screwed after payin them as much as they did. i do agree that it would make sense for them to drop McQ or Azumah if they wanted Pat (for the simple fact that they make more money and are older than vash and tillman who are both gonna be good)

DcRy82 said:
uhhh.. ok..aparently YOU dont watch many games because Tillman only played in 7 games last season, and RW McQ started ALL those games PLUS the first 4 that Azumah was injured during. so starter by default or not, RW started almost every game. McQ also led all CBs in tackles last year so are you sure your not the one who needs to catch up??

Now, Oboy, i agree with you a lot as well. especially the fact that their corners have ego problems. they make so much money because they were young when those contracts were made and they appeared to be promising young corners. well both of them ended up being average at best so chicago is kinda screwed after payin them as much as they did. i do agree that it would make sense for them to drop McQ or Azumah if they wanted Pat (for the simple fact that they make more money and are older than vash and tillman who are both gonna be good)

You my friend, have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that the Bears had injuries last year does not change the fact that tillman and azumah are the starting CBs with Vasher as the 3rd. RW is the 4th CB on the Bears. CB is probably the biggest strength on a good overall defense. Unless they are trading Azumah this deal makes zero sense. Even if we trade Azumah we still have Vasher ready to step in. I find it very unlikely to spend that kind of money when they have all kinds of young talent at CB. So good luck to you but you will have to look somewhere else for your trade. If for some reason it happens I will come back and bend over to take it.

I smell BS in this rumor. The Bears wont trade for Surtain with the CB's they have now. but if they do trade/release one of them, then this trade could be brought up.

BringBackShula said:
That'll be nice if other teams keep joining in the Surtain Sweepstakes, we may even end up with a 1st round pick for him, eh??

dont tease me like that

Dudeman said:
but he'll be 29 in June

like it or not, thats what teams look at

if I was the Chiefs, I'd be skeptical too, because in 1 year, he'll be looking at his decline like most other players at a skill position

CBs really dont see the decline like most do. Troy Vincent, Darrel Green, Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Bobby Taylor, and many others played CB at a high level in to thier 30s.

Kansas City needs to shore up that defense now. Thier offense is older and its a matter of time before they are rebuilding that. If they want to compete for a championship in a division with Randy Moss they better get a CB or 4.

Well fellas, I can tell you that I live in Illinois and I have yet to hear anything of the sort on any of the sports shows around here.

I believe this was a rumor started on one of the Bears boards on the net. I can't imagine them wasting a pick they so desperately need on the offensive side of the ball when they already have Vasher and Tillman in the secondary.

Besides, even with Brown out for most of the season last year, Tillman and Urlacher out (pass rush) for a good portion they were still 15th in the league overall in pass defense.

Im telling you all these new poster with fewer then 50 post give a bunch of BS

Amars said:

Well ok, I have less than 50 posts because I just signed up a few minutes ago to ask some questions of dolphins fans in another thread.

I saw this one and thought I would give what credible info I could on it being in Illinois myself and that info is absolutely nothing. Take it for what its worth but if there was even a snowballs chance in hell this was true right now this would be all over every sports radio station around these parts.

Amars said:

If you read the original post it said that this rumor had been floating around bears message boards. I don't think I ever said it had been reported on ESPN or any sports radio show for that matter. It was something to talk about, nothing more. I think I also said to take the rumour with a grain of salt. edited by Admin
P.S, At this rate I'll be over 50 posts in no time and then suddenly I can quit posting BS. :cooldude:

DolphinFreak99 said:
If you read the original post it said that this rumor had been floating around bears message boards. I don't think I ever said it had been reported on ESPN or any sports radio show for that matter. It was something to talk about, nothing more. I think I also said to take the rumour with a grain of salt. Trying reading before giving your idiotic responses.

P.S, At this rate I'll be over 50 posts in no time and then suddenly I can quit posting BS. :cooldude:

OK prove your point. Link the message board site with this rumor. If you are right then I'll admit that i was wrong and apologize.

Back
Top Bottom