Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears in the Surtain sweepstakes?

Schleprock said:
I don't buy this. I think if the Bears offered their second (wouldnt' that be like the 5th pick in the second round?) Saban would rip that away in a heartbeat.

Not necessarily. We have to consider that Surtain has a deal in place with KC, but not with Chicago - that could be a gating issue.

BTW, this is not BS this guy posted about this rumor - but it is based on a report, which was based on a thread in a Bears message board. So I don't doubt in could be true, but it is by no means from a qualified source.

Amars said:
OK prove your point. Link the message board site with this rumor. If you are right then I'll admit that i was wrong and apologize.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_366933_62&prov=citadel&type=story

There is the story that I read it from today and it was posted on the phins news wire.

You don't need to apologize, but your comment about the number of posts you have is pretty ridiculous. Some posters that have less then 50 posts I totally agree just post BS, but I've read alot of posts from people with well over 500 that was complete BS as well.

Also, the Bears are hesitant to sign Surtain to a big deal because of how they screwed themselves with the Tait contract last offseason. So they havew cap room, but maybe aren't willing to do the $13M signing-bonus deal the Chiefs offered.

DolphinFreak99 said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_366933_62&prov=citadel&type=story

There is the story that I read it from today and it was posted on the phins news wire.

You don't need to apologize, but your comment about the number of posts you have is pretty ridiculous. Some posters that have less then 50 posts I totally agree just post BS, but I've read alot of posts from people with well over 500 that was complete BS as well.

Agreed. Some of you guys need to chill and realize that there's no prize here for jumping on someone for what you perceive to be inaccurate information, and in fact you'll last a lot longer if you treat other posters with respect.

Amars said:
Im telling you all these new poster with fewer then 50 post give a bunch of BS

Ok buddy, you have always had that number of posts right? The posts have nothing to do with it, in my opinion that was one of the most stupid posts I have read and I read the sexy things from Marco. Info isnt just given to people with 50+ posts. Sheesh dont jump on people who are new, we all were and I still am, at least I think so...

Didnt mean to sound angry but I just made a point.

My 100th post!! Whoo go me..

Go Fins...

Now...

having said that, it would be nice if you newbs would take a while to get the feel of the board before posting everything that comes to mind - I know that's not exactly the case, but sometimes it seems that way.

And not just newbs; everyone should think for a moment before hitting that "submit" button on a new thread, and reflect on whether you really want that thread to represent you to the population of this board full of knowledgeable Phins fans.

NaboCane said:
Now...

having said that, it would be nice if you newbs would take a while to get the feel of the board before posting everything that comes to mind - I know that's not exactly the case, but sometimes it seems that way.

And not just newbs; everyone should think for a moment before hitting that "submit" button on a new thread, and reflect on whether you really want that thread to represent you to the population of this board full of knowledgeable Phins fans.

So now wouldn't be the coolest of times to ask who is sexier, Tim Bowens or Larry Chester?? :roflmao:

Kidding!!!

Doesn't anyone here have experience with eBay?

I ask because of all the impatience, including berating Carl Petersen like he had some obligation to donate a 1st or 2nd to us, very early in the process and with some goodies thrown in.

You need multiple suitors, then just sit back and wait. A typical eBay auction will jump 50% or more on the offer sheet in the final minute or two. Again, it's called a deadline. Ours is still more than two weeks away.

Back
Top Bottom