Bears | Team wants Hester at wide receiver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears | Team wants Hester at wide receiver

In_Flames

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Bears | Team wants Hester at wide receiver
Sun, 15 Apr 2007
John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Chicago Bears want to move CB Devin Hester to wide receiver so they can get the ball in his hands more often. His skills were not utilized enough on special teams alone.

It's not "the Bears" that want him moved to WR, it's Ron Turner. He's been petitioning since the beginning of last season, but Lovie has wanted to develop Hester as his project at corner. He is slowly having a change of heart though.

I'm so-so on it. He's an electric player, but I'm worried about possible cap issues with Tillman and Vasher in the near future and we may be left thirty for CB depth. If Hester can turn into the CB he can be, we could be very very deadly. We could be very deadly with him at WR too, but we have pretty solid WR depth as it is and didn't really struggle on offense last season.

So Hyster, I know it's way to early to tell but from what you've heard/read recently regarding da Bears QB situation is there any indication that Lovie is still sticking with Grossman this season, or has Griese moved up in the ranks?

Us UM fans have been saying Hester should be on offense almost since he enrolled here.

So Hyster, I know it's way to early to tell but from what you've heard/read recently regarding da Bears QB situation is there any indication that Lovie is still sticking with Grossman this season, or has Griese moved up in the ranks?

I don't think there's been much change from last season. Lovie is still saying that Rex is our guy, but having said that, if Griese lights-out outplays him in the preseason, I wouldn't count him out to win the starting job.

It will be a very interesting year, because it's a contract year for Rex. I think Lovie and JA will want to know exactly what they have in Grossman going into resigning him. I think he'll be the starter in week 1.

Another thing to watch out for is Brady Quinn. If the redskins are still on the clock at 6, and Quinn is on the board still, I wouldn't be surprised at all if JA moved up through that Lance Briggs deal, however an on-the-clock deal may cost more than originally expected. But there's no secret that Quinn is loved b Angelo and Smith.

I kept saying in the Super Bowl that the Bears need to get Hester in as a RB or WR if they want to win. I know a hack on the PS3 to get Hester on offense but its too long to explain now.

Flank him out wide, put him in the backfiled, let him return kicks... GET THE BALL IN HIS HANDS! The guy is a play maker and teams are going to start kicking away from him so they've got to find some kind of way to get the ball in his hands. Give him 15-20 snaps on offense and make sure he gets it in his hands 5-8 times on those snaps.

Back
Top Bottom