Bears trading down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears trading down?

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
PTF (yeah, I know) is reporting that the Bears will try to trade down from #4 overall.

BEARS PLOTTING A MOVE DOWN?

Our Chitown mole tells us that Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo already is considering scenarios that would enable him to trade out of the No. 4 overall spot and pick up extra selections in the 2005 draft.

Two years ago, the Bears traded out of the four hole and picked up two first-rounders and a fourth-rounder from the Jets. The Bears used those picks on DE Michael Haynes, QB Rex Grossman, and DT Ian Scott.

This time around, the Bears are eying a possible swap with the Chargers and the Cowboys, both of whom hold two first-round picks.

Angelo's goal, we're told would be to grab a receiver with the initial first-rounder, and then to address the offensive line with the second pick.

The mole also tells us that the Bears will be keeping close watch on Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones, who most likely won't receive the franchise tag for a fourth straight season.

I'm worried about the market to trade down as it is, if we go that route we won't need competition...

xiidaen said:
I'm worried about the market to trade down as it is, if we go that route we won't need competition...

I wouldn't worry too much; the players teams would target at the 4-spot are different from the players they might target at our 2-spot.

Teams trading with us will pay a higher premium because they will be looking to dt=ratf what they feel will be a franchise QB in either Rodgers or Leinart, whichever they prefer - or whchever SF doesn't take with the first pick.

If someone trades up to the #4 spot in order to beat another team to a particular player, then that would make the two spot more valuable to the other team that wants that player.

I'm worried because the 4-hole could be more enticing than our #2 pick as it could represent more value.

This draft class is pretty weak. And beyond the two QBs, nobody is worth those picks. Maybe not even the two QBs.

Muck said:
...And beyond the two QBs, nobody is worth those picks. Maybe not even the two QBs.
Amen. But hey, let's not let the rest of the league know that...ssshhhhh.

:)

Any word on whther D'Brickshaw is entering himself into the draft? They said last night that Cadillac won't be.

Back
Top Bottom