Bears vs. Packers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears vs. Packers

Alex22 said:
Id rather have orton no disrespect to grossman

Kyle Orton was the most egregious form of media bandwagoneering. They kept talking about his 10 wins. He didn't win squat. His defense did it all.

The Bears probably wouldn't have beaten the lowly Packers with Orton last night since it would have needed more than 14 points to win.

Orton was not a "game manager", he was a drive staller. I watched him in the Bucs game and he looked like he had no clue out there at times, and the Bears were extremely lucky to win that game as Kyle made the defense play a near perfect game. The man turned over the ball 18 times in his first 12 games. That's 1.5 turnovers a game.

Rex Grossman is not going to be the second coming of Peyton Manning. But he is going to give the Chicago Bears a chance to be more multi-dimensional.

The reason people say "defense wins championships" isn't because the playoffs are typically low scoring affairs. No, the reason is that offenses usually find a way to tag the defenses in the postseason, so only the STRONGEST ones survive, and typically, only the balanced teams survive.

Carolina doesn't go to the Super Bowl in 2003 if Jake DelHomme doesn't make plays.

RobFins2005 said:
Kyle Orton was the most egregious form of media bandwagoneering. They kept talking about his 10 wins. He didn't win squat. His defense did it all.
huh? the media didn't talk about orton at all. they would only say "orton has looked good for a rookie" or whatever. it's not like with roethlisberger lsat year

kastofsna120 said:
huh? the media didn't talk about orton at all. they would only say "orton has looked good for a rookie" or whatever. it's not like with roethlisberger lsat year

What in the world are you talking about? Do you need me to pull out the quotes? No, nobody stated he was an amazing quarterback or raved like Roethlisberger, but they've been talking about Orton and riding his jock all year.

Examples:

Pete Prisco actually HAD him as the frontrunner for offensive rookie of the year and wrote this at midseason:

"Offensive rookie of the half: Kyle Orton, QB, Bears. The Bears are in first place mainly because of the defense, but Orton has done a heck of a job managing the offense. He's getting better and better. I love the kid's moxie. Runners-up: Ronnie Brown, RB, Dolphins; Cadillac Williams, RB, Bucs."

Charles Robinson, November 10th, 2005: "But the Bears do have a legitimate and surprisingly deep running game, and rookie quarterback Kyle Orton is showing the ability to make plays and not just manage games."

In this link, http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9059265 , both Prisco and Clark Judge state that Orton should have his job the rest of the year.

Somebody, it may have been Paul Attner, but I haven't been able to find the link to the article for the life of me...it was within the past two weeks, when commenting on who should start for the Bears, he said he'd take the QB with "9 wins".

Not to mention just about every sportscaster I heard kept talking about how he was a great game manager and one ESPN correspondent in the Falcons game said "I don't agree with this move" when Grossman went in, then acted later like he supported it all along.

byroan said:
No, it was -7. That means it was a push. The final score was 24-17. The Vikings really screwed it up though and lost it for me. Who would have thought they'd choke again.

This was my parlay.

5 Team PARLAY
$ 5.00 wagered to win $ 120.00 at 12/24/2005 15:33

12/24/2005 16:10 NFL ARIZONA to Win -3(100)
PHILADELPHIA 21 ARIZONA 27

12/24/2005 16:20 NFL SEATTLE to Win -10(-110)
INDIANAPOLIS 13 SEATTLE 28

12/24/2005 16:20 NFL DENVER to Win -13.5(-110)
OAKLAND 3 DENVER 22

12/25/2005 17:05 NFL CHICAGO to Win -7(-110)
On FOX
CHICAGO 24 GREEN BAY 17

12/25/2005 20:40 NFL MINNESOTA to Win +3(-110)
On ESPN
MINNESOTA 23 BALTIMORE 30

12/26/2005 21:10 NFL NEW ENGLAND to Win -6.5(-110)
NEW ENGLAND vs NY JETS
On ABC
Oh, I wasn't sure what the precedure was if it was a PUSH. I knew you didn't lose your parlay, but didn't know it lowered your winnings. Tough luck man, sorry to hear you lost, you had a helluva parlay going on there if it wasn't for the damn Vikings. My friend had a parlay yesterday too, he had DET and MIA in NBA and in NFL CHI, and MIN cost him too. I actually did think Baltimore was going to win and picked them for the week, I was hoping to catch up with all the experts in the picks, but apparently everyone but one "expert" picked Baltimore to beat Minnesota... apparently Baltimore was the flavor of the week. Sorry about your parlay, man.

Alex22 said:
Id rather have orton no disrespect to grossman

Hahahaha, I've watched nearly every Bears game for the last 10 weeks and Orton didn't do jack squat for the offense. He had no ability to convert on third down, making their offense extremely one dimensional. What Grossman has done for this team is amazing, although they worry me with their pass happy tendency recently- stick with what has been working, which is run game and defense.

*Thud*

^Brett Favre's historic career hitting the ground.

It's already diminished, he needs to get out now before he makes himself look like a complete pass. I've never seen anything this poor in my life, his ridiculous rainbow passes that are so badly thrown it's like watching some two hand touch game with 10 people playing. He makes the worst decisions, worse than any rookie in the league right now. He cant cap comebacks, sure his whole team his decimated but the way he's played this year i dont even think he's trying. At least in that Philly game....where at the end he throws a lollypop which was picked, but a penalty stopped the pick and gave the packers new life and Favre responds with another lousy pass. I think he just wants to end the season....it's sad, but hardly something i'll lose sleep over.

Back
Top Bottom