Bears Waive WR's Marcus Monk & Ryan Grice-Mullen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears Waive WR's Marcus Monk & Ryan Grice-Mullen

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
These are two guys that I would like for us to take a look at. I live in Knoxville, TN 5 minutes from U of Tenn Vols campus. So I watch alot of SEC football. Marcus Monk was a good reciever at Arkansas and I was hoping we would draft him in the 6th or 7th round. And Ryan Grice-Mullen was a great WR at the pass heavy stat padding Hawaii. He could be a good fit with Bess. Monk has to have a little NFL in him considering his dad was a Hall of Famer.Here are some stats and info on the two.

Marcus Monk - 6'6" 222 lbs 22 yrs old
2004 37 rec 569 yds 6 TD
2005 35 rec 476 Yds 7 TD
2006 50 rec 962 yds 11TD
2007 16 rec 144 yds 3TD in 7 games

Monk ran a 4.5 40yd dash and had a 38.5 vert jump. He has long arms and big/strong hands to make the catches. He uses his size to block defenders from the ball. He alson has the strength and size to be a great blocker and to break tackles.

These are pretty good stats considering Arkansas was a definate Run first offense. With RunDMC and Felix JOnes he didnt get looked at often. Plus they had terrible QB play for the 4 yrs he was there. aT 6'6" He is a huge Redzone target for Chad Pennington. And could take some coverage off of Ginn and Hagan. I Say look at him and give him a chance I mean he cant be worse than our other guys.

Ryan Grice-Mullen 5'11" 183 lbs

Mullen is going to be a slot reciever in the NFL given his size and speed.
He has good body control and reliable hands. Initial quicknes off the ball. Lateral quickness to make defenders miss. Good burst out of breaks. He ran a 4.36 40 , 2.49 20 yd dash , 4.16 20yd shuttles, 17 reps of 225 lbs

2006 46 rec 770 yds 11 TD
2007 106 rec 1372 yds 13 TD

Yeah it was a pass Happy Hawaii but with 2 other good Wr that put up equal stats that is pretty good . I liked them both in college so I wouldnt mind them playing here in MIA . I guess well see. With Parcells giving Bess a shot I think he could bring in Mullen. Monk has the size and hands to take Wilfords place since he has sucked and will be traded or cut

I don't know but I'm a bit skeptical at looking at WRs who couldn't make the team in Chicago. The Bears are very thin at receiver, so I think the fact that they got cut speaks volumes. I like really like what I see from Camirillo and Bess , so unless we can get clear upgrades over them, I say stick with them.

I don't know but I'm a bit skeptical at looking at WRs who couldn't make the team in Chicago. The Bears are very thin at receiver, so I think the fact that they got cut speaks volumes. I like really like what I see from Camirillo and Bess , so unless we can get clear upgrades over them, I say stick with them.

The bears are no thinner than we are but u make a point. Im sure we will only sign a a guy that has actually shown something in the NFL. Monk was intriguing, would pass on the other Hawaii guy.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

I really wanted Monk during the draft, I'm shocked he couldn't cut it with Chicago. There's something wrong with that picture, I'd certainly put him on the practise squad to see if there's any future potential.

Ya, i watched a bit of SEC football and I think Monk has some talent. We should at least take a look at him. And jamerson is right, the hogs had reaaally crappy QB play for the past couple of seasons. Considering that and you have two stud RBs who get about 90% of the offense, he put up pretty good stats in a tough SEC conference.

I'd take a flyer on both. I've always thought Grice-Mullen was the better of the two between he and Bess.

Monk would be a great target...better than Wilford, especially with his 6'6'' frame.

I'm surprised Monk is cut already, I thought he was worth a late round flyer.

The Bears probably have more talent at WR than the Phins do. Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd, Rashied Davis, Devin Hester, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley is a decent group. They also have better TEs and an all around better receiving corp.

As far as Monk, I think he's worth a look. You've gotta love his size. I just wonder how his knees have recovered and long long they can hold up.

The Bears probably have more talent at WR than the Phins do. Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd, Rashied Davis, Devin Hester, Earl Bennett, and Mark Bradley is a decent group. They also have better TEs and an all around better receiving corp.

As far as Monk, I think he's worth a look. You've gotta love his size. I just wonder how his knees have recovered and long long they can hold up.

Overall the bears are better. Davies is looking like he will break out this year. Have always liked Bradly but he cannot stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom