Bears | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears

Fangionhas to be in the top-5 candidates for Miami's HC if they move on from Gase - expect to talk more on that later.

The D has quality players at every level. The DL is stout with Hicks, Bullard, and Goldman, and Bilal Nichols is a nice rotational player with a bright future. Mack really was this missing piece at OLB, being a dominant pass rusher, but Floyd is a great athlete and a versatile player, and Aaron Lynch is a quality pass rusher. Smith and Trevathan have as much range as any pair of LB's in the NFL. Amos and Jackson compliment each other well. Jackson is a rangy ballhawk, who isn't as physical as ideal, but Amos is more of a do-it-all Safety and a hard hitter. Fuller is a very good CB, and while they don't have a high-end CB opposite him, Amukamara, and Kevin Tolliver II make for a pair that can match up with different types of receivers, and both have been pretty tough in 2018 - with Tolliver II being 6'2 (though his arms are short for his height).

Naggy is one of the top offensive minds in the game. So, this team should have a coaching advantage on both sides of the ball. Howard is a solid RB, with good vision, and Allen Robinson is a great, young talent. He hasn't busted out yet with Chicago, and struggled with injuries in Jacksonville, and while he's not fast, he's very quick and explosive for a guy his size - with tremendous ball skills. White has really struggled with injuries, and he's not a polished receiver, but he's blazing fast - legit deep threat. Gabriel is fast and quick but small, and Anthony Miller came out very polished and versatile for a rookie. Burton and Sims make for a nice, if not especially dynamic, pair of TE's, but Burton can do work 20+ yards downfield.

OT may be their weakest position, but the OL is very good inside and a pretty good unit overall.

Trubisky is the weakest aspect of the team, but as another poster mentioned, he's a great athlete, and he has a very good arm. Naggy should get the most out of him.

As I mentioned when they signed Mack, the Bears have a legit shot at the NFC North, and they've exceeded my expectations since then. Outside of the Rams and Saints, the Bears look as good as anyone in the NFC, and their D is better than either of those teams.

It will be like most one o’clock games in Miami. If Miami keeps it close going into the third quarter the Bears will be gassed and Miami will win the game.

Bears fan here: both offenses are mediocre but Chicago defense is elite while dolphins defense is okay. Bears defense was to 10 last year, Mack just made them historical. They were a very good defense without Mack now you have to commit 2+ players to block him & expect the rest to block Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Trevathan & Smith 1 on 1. I may be optimistic, but I don't see this going very well for Miami.
Tannehill will make that defense even more historic.

Fangionhas to be in the top-5 candidates for Miami's HC if they move on from Gase - expect to talk more on that later.

The D has quality players at every level. The DL is stout with Hicks, Bullard, and Goldman, and Bilal Nichols is a nice rotational player with a bright future. Mack really was this missing piece at OLB, being a dominant pass rusher, but Floyd is a great athlete and a versatile player, and Aaron Lynch is a quality pass rusher. Smith and Trevathan have as much range as any pair of LB's in the NFL. Amos and Jackson compliment each other well. Jackson is a rangy ballhawk, who isn't as physical as ideal, but Amos is more of a do-it-all Safety and a hard hitter. Fuller is a very good CB, and while they don't have a high-end CB opposite him, Amukamara, and Kevin Tolliver II make for a pair that can match up with different types of receivers, and both have been pretty tough in 2018 - with Tolliver II being 6'2 (though his arms are short for his height).

Naggy is one of the top offensive minds in the game. So, this team should have a coaching advantage on both sides of the ball. Howard is a solid RB, with good vision, and Allen Robinson is a great, young talent. He hasn't busted out yet with Chicago, and struggled with injuries in Jacksonville, and while he's not fast, he's very quick and explosive for a guy his size - with tremendous ball skills. White has really struggled with injuries, and he's not a polished receiver, but he's blazing fast - legit deep threat. Gabriel is fast and quick but small, and Anthony Miller came out very polished and versatile for a rookie. Burton and Sims make for a nice, if not especially dynamic, pair of TE's, but Burton can do work 20+ yards downfield.

OT may be their weakest position, but the OL is very good inside and a pretty good unit overall.

Trubisky is the weakest aspect of the team, but as another poster mentioned, he's a great athlete, and he has a very good arm. Naggy should get the most out of him.

As I mentioned when they signed Mack, the Bears have a legit shot at the NFC North, and they've exceeded my expectations since then. Outside of the Rams and Saints, the Bears look as good as anyone in the NFC, and their D is better than either of those teams.

I agree Trubisky is a liability, we have a good chance to win if Nagy doesn't have the right game plan.

I agree Trubisky is a liability, we have a good chance to win if Nagy doesn't have the right game plan.

I cant see how we score points on offense, would probably have to be another excellent defensive performance with maybe a few ST plays mixed in ...

How is this O line going going to hold up?

I cant see how we score points on offense, would probably have to be another excellent defensive performance with maybe a few ST plays mixed in ...

How is this O line going going to hold up?

Well James and Mack will be the Key match up, I'm not afraid of their gimmicky offense.

Lets hope the scoreboard is close late ...

Yea as long as they don't get out to a quick lead I think we have a good shot. They're coming of a bye week hearing how good they are, I think they're primed for an upset. If Gase loses this he will be on the hot seat.

Bears fan here: both offenses are mediocre but Chicago defense is elite while dolphins defense is okay. Bears defense was to 10 last year, Mack just made them historical. They were a very good defense without Mack now you have to commit 2+ players to block him & expect the rest to block Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Trevathan & Smith 1 on 1. I may be optimistic, but I don't see this going very well for Miami.

They aren’t elite yet. When they host the Patriots next week that’ll be a test. Right now you’ve faced Seattle, Arizona, and Tampa Bay. Not exactly winning teams.

Even vs Green Bay they allowed 370 yards and blew the game defensively.

They aren’t elite yet. When they host the Patriots next week that’ll be a test. Right now you’ve faced Seattle, Arizona, and Tampa Bay. Not exactly winning teams.

Even vs Green Bay they allowed 370 yards and blew the game defensively.
Those are fair points. Long season, good luck to you guys after this week.

Those are fair points. Long season, good luck to you guys after this week.

Should be a great game, unfortunately for the Bears we are likely to get Tunsil, Wake, Parker, and Branch back this week which are all significant. The Tunsil injury killed the game for us last week, and speaking of great defense we allowed 0 points in the first half (without Wake) to the Bengals who scored 80 in the first half prior to our game last week. Our secondary is probably a lot better than yours even without our #2 corner. Minkah, X, and Jones are all special, we ain't the Bucs lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom