Beat Cowherd Into Oblivion | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beat Cowherd Into Oblivion

Sadly... that's what most of their audience wants.

Morons like Jim Rome got this started, and now we cater to the lowest common denominator. Jerry Springer... the Kardashians... politicians that scream and lie. Clerics who hate, rather than love...

It's cultural rot.

You hit the nail on the head.

p.s. Even taking Joe Buck & Barry Melrose into consideration, MLB & NHL coverage hasn't gone full clown show.... yet

I miss the 'Primetime' when Tom Jackson was on, I liked it even more with Pete Axthelm in its early days. But, there was always a negative vibe when it came to the Dolphins on that show. Berman hated Miami, it was always about the Bills with him. 'Football Night in America' before the Sunday night game is about all I watch for highlights anymore.

Berman loved the Niners too.

Used to like FNIA when it was Bob Costas and/or Dan Patrick.

Dungy is too sanctimonious & Rodney H is a putz.

Skip is really a tool. The man is obsessed with hating LeBron and loving Michael Jordan. What a clown. I can listen to Mike Greenberg because he's an intelligent guy that doesn't throw around crazy opinions just to attract attention to himself. He gives decent opinions that are well backed up with facts. Another that I like is Stephen A Smith because he's the only guy around that reminds me at all of Howard Cosell. I always thought Smith could bring something special to the MNF booth but he really is a Basketball guy at heart. Cosell doing the highlights at halftime on MNF was freaking amazing!
Greenberg can be annoying because of his "Talk about my Jets, talk about my Jets, talk about my jets....if you're going to talk football information, talk about my Jets"

Smith continually comes off as an angry contrarion as much as possible...He's a controversy waiting to happen 24/7.

Then on the other hand, though I am not a fan, I can see why you might. They are talented in what they do.

I'm very new to Mike Greenberg. When it was Mike and Mike I almost never tuned in. Greeny, or Greenie, as he is called, replaced a 10am sports show so I gave him a listen. He seems bright but he does talk about the Jets way too much! It's slim pickens on the radio dial at 10am in S Fla.

Back
Top Bottom