Beat NYG And Then HERE Is Who We should Root For | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beat NYG And Then HERE Is Who We should Root For

Generally speaking looking at the chart and records, looks like if we take care of business in the next couple weeks, then we could start rising through the middling teams ahead.

If we win out it's hard to see us not get in. General matchups favor what we need to happen. I played with the ESPN machine for a bit and basically win out and let's dance. .
It would be a nice change of narrative for this team and organization after the horrid start.

Need to play better than they did today to pull this off

I can’t believe we had to sweat out that Seattle-SF game. WTF happened that they didn’t take a two score lead at the end? Really going for it on the goal line, up 7?

Loved seeing the WFT beat LVR. Gotta keep SF out of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Happy day overall, a win,49ers lose, Raiders lose, Pitt does win but I am not convinced they can do much(like they beat the Ravens) ,Chiefs win tonight a great day

It didn't go straight between his hands. It went straight between his hands about 2 yards past them and he went to the ground on his own, regardless of the defender he had 0 chance to make that play.
comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

So I have tickets down to Miami for the weekend of the 15th and a couple days after now just in case. What are the odds I am buying Fins post season AFCE Champion tickets?!?!?!?!

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

If we win out it's hard to see us not get in. General matchups favor what we need to happen. I played with the ESPN machine for a bit and basically win out and let's dance. .
It would be a nice change of narrative for this team and organization after the horrid start.

Need to play better than they did today to pull this off
If we win out were does the machine have us going in playoffs most situations?

Winning out, 9 games in a row, would be an incredible feat. Certainly will be rooting for it to happen, but would be rather impressed if we took 8 of last 9 too. Don't care who you play, that'd be damn impressive for this team. Admittedly I was not watching games too closely after losing 7 straight. I've been glued to the television as of past 3 games, and looking forward to seeing how we finish. Fins up!

OK:

1. Our playoff chances are pretty low - Mr Bayes and our 1-7 start make that so. If you estimate 80% chance of beating the Jets, 60% saints, 50% at Titans, 50% Pats, the Bayesian math says 12% chance to go 10-7. Raise that number slightly, because there's some chance of getting in at 9-8, but then lower it back because we need some help even at 10-7. So about 12% playoff chances.

2. I'm weird, in that I enjoy the later season's football watching, reading, and talking MUCH more when the Phins are still in the playoff picture, even when the chances are fairly low. I know the math, but don't think about it. Besides finishing strong, even if we miss the playoffs feels better in the offseason.

3. Play around with the playoff simulator - there are scenarios where we get in at 9-8, and that doesn't require any huge upsets. But it does need LOTS of stuff to go right - starting with Bengals losing next week at Denver. Unfortunately there also are scenarios where we go 10-7 and miss out.

Back
Top Bottom