Beat NYG And Then HERE Is Who We should Root For | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beat NYG And Then HERE Is Who We should Root For

Just think....

A properly called PI (RAIDERS)
1 defensive stop with the lead and less than 2 minute to go (falcons)
Not allowing 2 50+ FGS in the last 4 mins of the game (jax)

That's the diferrence between the Phins being 9-4 the #1 seed and barely staying alive for a playoff spot.

This team is not as bad as many have thought.
OK in theory yes. But there were decisions by Flores, and the staff in general, that put us in those positions.

I’ll only highly one: the inexplicable 4th down against Jax. Bad timing. Wrong place on the field. Bad play call.

Further, the staff on both O and D, seem to have bipolar issues. They are either ultra aggressive (when they have nothing to lose or are way behind) or ultra conservative (default).

So I think most of the “we could be, but…” arguments fall on coaches

So this upcoming week, we got the 49ers playing the Bengals. Who you all rooting for? I'd say we need SF to beat Cincy. Damn the pick in next year's draft. I want playoffs and if the Bengals lose we will be 1 game behind them for 7th seed. Of course we also need Pitt, Denver, Indy, Cleveland to all lose as well. But still I'm rooting for SF to beat Cincy next week. Who's with me?

When you lose 7 games in a row (to Jax and Atlanta, included) you start to think, "Playoffs? Playoffs? You talking Playoffs?" But, fans are eternal optimists (some). Not me...I am longtime resident in Realville, USA.

You want to be in the playoff picture next year? Don't lose 7 games in a row. Don't lose to one of the worst teams in the league. Don't lose to the lowly Falcons.

Our HC is an a$$clown. He is in way over his head. It's very hard to take this team serious with the Yahoos we have running it. Hopefully next year we'll have new coaches...REAL coaches. Until then, its "Laugh-In in Miami Gardens."
Jesus, can’t some folks just enjoy the moment?? Has to be a drag living in “realville USA” all the fu@king time…

As for the coaches, I have been super critical and still think there are some issues for sure, but a five game winning streak, that’s a big deal in the NFL… especially after the way this team started the season…

so in Realville USA, that coach keeps his job, and keeps the assistant coaches he wants… may want to look elsewhere as a fan if that’s how you feel

So this upcoming week, we got the 49ers playing the Bengals. Who you all rooting for? I'd say we need SF to beat Cincy. Damn the pick in next year's draft. I want playoffs and if the Bengals lose we will be 1 game behind them for 7th seed. Of course we also need Pitt, Denver, Indy, Cleveland to all lose as well. But still I'm rooting for SF to beat Cincy next week. Who's with me?
Tough call. I would say the obvious answer is SF to win but it’s not so clear. There’s so many teams ahead of us that it’s a very real possibility the Bengals losing that game makes absolutely no difference to us. Meanwhile the NFC sucks so SF losing would be a major step towards them missing the playoffs. If SF makes the playoffs that could be like 10 draft spots.

Who is a "Real" coach in your opinion? There's no super bowl pedigree coach just sitting on his thumbs waiting to coach. The Front Office has to take a chance and hire someone who they think can lead the organization.
I have no idea who they should hire. I've heard that Brian Daboll has an impressive resume...The Bucs OC and DC should garner interest. But, that's not my job--nor do I care.

I just know in YEAR 3 of whoever the coach is, we can't be losing 7 games in a row.

A seven game losing streak is either a sign of unacceptable regression or non development to the point of whoever hired was a failure when hired. Can't have a 7 game losing streak in year 3.

Someone in the organization gets paid millions and millions of dollars to make the right hiring decision. They need to earn their money and hire a REAL coach.

I have no idea who they should hire. I've heard that Brian Daboll has an impressive resume...The Bucs OC and DC should garner interest. But, that's not my job--nor do I care.

I just know in YEAR 3 of whoever the coach is, we can't be losing 7 games in a row.

A seven game losing streak is either a sign of unacceptable regression or non development to the point of whoever hired was a failure when hired. Can't have a 7 game losing streak in year 3.

Someone in the organization gets paid millions and millions of dollars to make the right hiring decision. They need to earn their money and hire a REAL coach.
So what’s a 5 game winning streak after a seven game losing streak a sign of? Not many teams in NFL history have responded the way this team has winning 5 in a row, following losing 7 in a row… hence the coach will keep his job

For someone claiming to live in Realville, your head is sure in the clouds…Flo will not be canned

So what’s a 5 game winning streak after a seven game losing streak a sign of? Not many teams in NFL history have responded the way this team has winning 5 in a row, following losing 7 in a row… hence the coach will keep his job

For someone claiming to live in Realville, your head is sure in the clouds…Flo will not be canned
There was a study I saw years ago that looked at self-proclaimed optimists and pessimists/realists. They found that the 'realists' tended to just look at the negatives and either ignore or downplay the positives. They also found that when it came to accurately predicting outcomes the realists were way worse at it. This conversation seems like a classic example of a self-proclaimed realist ignoring the positives.

I dont think he will be fired. You think I started with this team 5 years ago? This org will keep him...the way a battered woman keeps the man that beats her..."but i love him...hes sorry...it won't happen again..."

We aren't firing Flo..Fins fans get abused....and like it. He'll probably get extended.

There was a study I saw years ago that looked at self-proclaimed optimists and pessimists/realists. They found that the 'realists' tended to just look at the negatives and either ignore or downplay the positives. They also found that when it came to accurately predicting outcomes the realists were way worse at it. This conversation seems like a classic example of a self-proclaimed realist ignoring the positives.
Good try..but no. It's not being "negative" pointing out we lost 7 games in a row. We lost 7 games in a row.

You don't have to be prescient--you only need to know how to count--and only to 7.

And I'm not ignoring the positives. I think the positives aren't relevant.

When you lose seven games in a row, you need to win out to make the playoffs.

I predict we won't win out. Maybe you think we will...I guess we'll see whose better or worse at predicting outcomes.

👌👌👌

I dont think he will be fired. You think I started with this team 5 years ago? This org will keep him...the way a battered woman keeps the man that beats her..."but i love him...hes sorry...it won't happen again..."

We aren't firing Flo..Fins fans get abused....and like it. He'll probably get extended.
Are you effing serious, you’re equating our HC to a wife beater? You couldn’t come up with a better analogy?

Are you effing serious, you’re equating our HC to a wife beater? You couldn’t come up with a better analogy?
LOL...ei yi yi.

No, GMT, I am not equating our HC to a wife beater. Calm down and follow the analogy--its not hard, but you have to set your emotions aside and follow the facts.

I am comparing the "psychology" of our fan base to those that suffer from "battered spouse syndrome." Some fans are going out of their way to excuse the (seven game losing streak.) They are desperately trying to blur the inexcusable performance of this team in some good things that are happening.

Its nothing to do with a singular person, it has to do with the psychology of a group of people. A group of people who want to believe that things are turning around. I get that. I want it, too. I just see it for what it is.

The trope goes like this, "But we won five games in a row, ain't it great, why aren't you excited, blah blah loser blah." You can't hide the Seven Game Losing Streak. You just can't. I know you want to. But its not possible.

Now let be the first to admit...I might be wrong. We might run the table and these wins vs the Jets, Giants, and Panthers might be as critical as beating the Ravens, Titans, and sweeping the Patriots. If I am, I'll be offering huge mea culpa to Brian Flores. RIght now these wins, while enjoyable in the moment, for me, fall flat.

This is year three. We shouldn't be experiencing 7 game losing streaks in year three. That's the be-all end-all.

This is year three. We shouldn't be experiencing 7 game losing streaks in year three. That's the be-all end-all.
Year 3 of a COMPLETE rebuild with still a very young team. Frustrating yes but maybe needed to get the team ready for year 4.

LOL...ei yi yi.

No, GMT, I am not equating our HC to a wife beater. Calm down and follow the analogy--its not hard, but you have to set your emotions aside and follow the facts.

I am comparing the "psychology" of our fan base to those that suffer from "battered spouse syndrome." Some fans are going out of their way to excuse the (seven game losing streak.) They are desperately trying to blur the inexcusable performance of this team in some good things that are happening.

Its nothing to do with a singular person, it has to do with the psychology of a group of people. A group of people who want to believe that things are turning around. I get that. I want it, too. I just see it for what it is.

The trope goes like this, "But we won five games in a row, ain't it great, why aren't you excited, blah blah loser blah." You can't hide the Seven Game Losing Streak. You just can't. I know you want to. But its not possible.

Now let be the first to admit...I might be wrong. We might run the table and these wins vs the Jets, Giants, and Panthers might be as critical as beating the Ravens, Titans, and sweeping the Patriots. If I am, I'll be offering huge mea culpa to Brian Flores. RIght now these wins, while enjoyable in the moment, for me, fall flat.

Flo’s the wife beater and we’re the harem of abused wives, where did I not understand the simplicity of the analogy?

The analogy’s the problem.

Flo’s done a good enough job in 3 years of a complete tear down. We don’t start strong because we’ve always had numerous changes in squad and coaching. Until you get some consistency with a lineup it will likely be a slow start as the players gel as the season progresses.

If Flo wasn’t up to the task, we wouldn’t have gelled in the last few weeks snd look menacing as a team. No playoff contender wants to play us right now.

He would’ve lost the changing room. No signs of that.

Good try..but no. It's not being "negative" pointing out we lost 7 games in a row. We lost 7 games in a row.

You don't have to be prescient--you only need to know how to count--and only to 7.

And I'm not ignoring the positives. I think the positives aren't relevant.

When you lose seven games in a row, you need to win out to make the playoffs.

I predict we won't win out. Maybe you think we will...I guess we'll see whose better or worse at predicting outcomes.

👌👌👌
Winning 5 in a row is obviously relevant. That's true regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs.

Winning 5 in a row is obviously relevant. That's true regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs.
Relevant to what? The goal is to make the playoffs...we don't, so what? I don't see how it matters. 3 years in...no playoffs. What are we doing?

Back
Top Bottom