‘Beat up’ Jarvis Landry on verge of Miami Dolphins’ receiving record | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Beat up’ Jarvis Landry on verge of Miami Dolphins’ receiving record

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
With all the turmoil, here is some good news
With one reception at San Diego on Sunday, Landry would tie O.J. McDuffie’s team record of 90 in a season. Landry also is on the cusp of becoming the first Dolphin with 100 receptions and 1,000 yards in a season. He has 920 yards, so Mark Clayton’s record of 1,389 in 1984 appears safe.

For weeks, the Dolphins have listed Landry as having a knee injury, but with his style of fighting for yards, if not inches, after the catch, it’s likely his bruises are more extensive.
“I’m playing through it,” Landry said. “The training room has been my friend. I’ve stayed in there, worked with those guys as much as I can just to get out there and do what I do on Sundays. But it’s a long season and you’ve got to be tough.”
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...ry-on-verge-of-miami-dolphins-receivin/npmqK/

Surprising that 90 is the team record. That was a high number back in the 90's but nowadays 100+ is normal. Guess that means we haven't had a great receiver for a looong time. In the right scheme I believe Landry can get to 100 catches and 1500 yards. Once we can buy time for tannehill and back the safeties off.

I really like Jarvis Landry but 18 targets in a game is ridiculous. Its not even close to a winning recipe and almost guarantees a loss. Jarvis is a great #2 and slot guy...he should not be treated as a #1 WR

I really like Jarvis Landry but 18 targets in a game is ridiculous. Its not even close to a winning recipe and almost guarantees a loss. Jarvis is a great #2 and slot guy...he should not be treated as a #1 WR

3 factors as to why he got targeted so much..Cameron sucking balls,Stills not being effective and Matthews being hurt..Obviously they didn't want to use Millers pass catching ability out of the backfield so that left us with 1 option.

And our Rookie WR is irrelevant atm.

Maybe RT targets him because its his 1st read and he doesn't see the entire field well. He's a security blanket. The type usually needed for an inexperienced rookie QB.

3 factors as to why he got targeted so much..Cameron sucking balls,Stills not being effective and Matthews being hurt..Obviously they didn't want to use Millers pass catching ability out of the backfield so that left us with 1 option.

And our Rookie WR is irrelevant atm.

I agree on the reasons why...I also agree that it is a HORRIBLE formula to try and win a game

I agree on the reasons why...I also agree that it is a HORRIBLE formula to try and win a game

No doubt on that.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Maybe RT targets him because its his 1st read and he doesn't see the entire field well. He's a security blanket. The type usually needed for an inexperienced rookie QB.

Yep JLfin just went here.

18 targets in a single game is to many for a #1 receiver. We are going to get Landry hurt before the season is over. Serious hurt if these dummies are not careful.
The kid gives everything every down. Hes gonna get hurt if they don't give the kid some time to rest.

I think way too much was made from that 1 game with 18 targets
because he's right around 10 targets per game and 7 catches per game

I'd rather have him with those targets than what we previously had

Back
Top Bottom