Beat Writers Can’t Stand Being Wrong | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beat Writers Can’t Stand Being Wrong

I dont think the local touts are a whole lot different than some of the posters here. How many melt downs did we see yesterday?

Honestly, I think some of them wet themselves.

It’s just they bought into the tank talk like some fans. No new coach and GM are going to try to tank. If we do some how go 3 and 13 or worse, they have a better than average chance of never getting a head coaching or GM job again. Yes they are looking and forward thinking about the 2020 and 2021 drafts. But unlike us they are not thinking how do we loss enough to get the 1st pick in the draft. And if that where there thinking they need to go as soon a possible.

If we aren’t tanking then We are sure as heck trying to on top of the division in 2 years

I would still say they are not setting their eyes on wins and POs this year based on their offseason - that is the wins will come in years 2 and 3 - they are building a foundation for 2-3 years from now - but if someone hands you a young QB with upside you can’t just turn a blind eye

They have the 2020 draft set up to do some special things -

I

All these dudes were wrong because our FO manipulated them. Karma is a mofo and these guys got what was coming after their years of bad reporting, terrible analysis, and manipulating fans with their click bait.

The beat writers are losing their minds & I honestly think it’s because their “reporting” all offseason was wrong that we will not look for a franchise QB this year.

Omar, Armando, & Barry (who I like) seem to take it personal that we made this trade for Rosen. Their arguments don’t seem to make sense to me. If we took Rosen last year at pick 11 no problem but we trade a LATE 2nd round & 5th next year while getting a 2nd round pick next year to add to our 10/11 picks already in 2020. Rosen will have a chance and is cheap. Armando attacking him personally is uncalled from what he “heard” from sources, he has never spoken to him how can you criticize him.

If we had taken Lock at 48 I bet they would have been praising the pick but since we essentially took Rosen it’s horrible and it messed up their AGENDA.

I get the feeling what they may be upset about is essentially being used by this ORG to spread the info they wanted to be out there.

Another reason why I think this current front office is off to a great start. Use all the tools at hand IMO.

They probably feel the same way disgruntled posters do on here. They thought they understood the team's master plan and feel like Rosen throws a wrench into that.

When they got Fitz I was amazed how many ppl in Dolphins land still thought the Dolphins plan was to tank in 2019.

After that move it was pretty obvious they weren't tanking and at worst they were retooling or rebuilding.

It’s just they bought into the tank talk like some fans. No new coach and GM are going to try to tank. If we do some how go 3 and 13 or worse, they have a better than average chance of never getting a head coaching or GM job again. Yes they are looking and forward thinking about the 2020 and 2021 drafts. But unlike us they are not thinking how do we loss enough to get the 1st pick in the draft. And if that where there thinking they need to go as soon a possible.
To be fair, they didn't buy into it, they were doing their best to sell it. I would guess that was the info they were getting from the Miami FO, and they are acting like they are because they are upset they were used. They got use to the info they got to be mainly true from T-Baum.

Looks like those days are over. Welcome to the Pats way.

Referring to CK as being upset about being wrong. I have followed him for years and he has certainly been incorrect on some of his assessments over the years BUT I respect his opinions regardless because he certainly puts in tons of work. There are half a dozen guys on this site that fall somewhere in that category that are worth following.
If you liked last year's draft for example our first 4 picks we're very visible in draft publications and our our own Slim's list.
Picks this year not so much.
The season and our progression this year will speak for itself if we have made the really important decisions in hiring Florres and basically trashing decision for next year's draft.

they're not the only ones......plenty of people on this site will hate on the players we took it they weren't the players they wanted. Some people here will hope the players will fail so that they can tell us "they were right" even if it hurt the team's chances of winning games.

TW is a bit too hit, or miss for me.

Almost zero philosophical base. He opinionates on everything in a vacuum, without regard to the big picture.

Zero philosophical base? I find him to be very consistent in his basis for interpreting things and their impacts on the team.

What is your philosophical base?

I don’t know of a single person who has been more consistently wrong than he has.

People “love” him because he fluffs the dolphins players up at every opportunity. His actual knowledge and insight is severely lacking.

Coming from you that’s ringing endorsement.

Back
Top Bottom