Beckham's New Stadium Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beckham's New Stadium Plan

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Watching local news, and Beckham has submitted plans and artist's renderings for a new soccer stadium rig next to Marlins stadium. I really like the idea, and believe it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't.
It only works tri county.

I have no idea why people think that Miami would be the perfect spot. Hispanics? I am not sure the exact demographics but as far as I know most Hispanics in Miami are Cuban, Columbians, Haitians and Nicaraguans with the rest of the nations sprinkled along.
Cubans are not huge soccer fans. You may get some Columbians. Haitians? Nicaraguans? Not so much.

The ones you want to get are (besides Columbians) Brazilians, Argentinians, Venezuelans, Puerto Ricans, Ecuadorians etc....and they are largely in Broward County.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't.

I have no idea why people think that Miami would be the perfect spot. Hispanics? I am not sure the exact demographics but as far as I know most Hispanics in Miami are Cuban, Columbians, Haitians and Nicaraguans with the rest of the nations sprinkled along.
Cubans are not huge soccer fans. You may get some Columbians. Haitians? Nicaraguans? Not so much.

The ones you want to get are (besides Columbians) Brazilians, Argentinians, Venezuelans, Puerto Ricans, Ecuadorians etc....and they are largely in Broward County.

You can tell this man knows this area.

Not only do you get the groups you stated above . . . you also have one of the larger West Indian populations in the country in Lauderhill (Jamaican/Trinidadian . . . who do play big time soccer and draw huge crowds at the park on Oakland Park east of University drive on the weekends for soccer), with the South Americans / Core Central American soccer nations, being largely in Deerfield (Between Copans and Hillsboro / East of I-95).

I know people will say "well Lockhart is there and didn't draw a huge crowd" . . . truth is, Lockhart was/is beat to death. People complain about JRS being crap . . . what a joke. Lockhart is literally a bigger version of a rundown high school football field. If you knock it down and build a new school stadium for soccer, you'd attract plenty of fans, especially if you can nab a big star to play for the team. That ship has sailed though because I believe they are building some kind of waterpark there but Broward County would provide the crowd needed for a soccer stadium. 20,000 seats . . . no problem.

It won't.

The same are here in mass as well, and the team has political backing in Miami as well, which is huge.

Back
Top Bottom