Beck's Odds Are Not So Good | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck's Odds Are Not So Good

I stand corrected.

Thats not to say that rappers aren't thugs. Most of them are. Wait, most of them pretend to be. I don't even listen to much rap to be honest. And the ones I do listen to don't portray themselves as thugs.

still think Dorsey isn't among the best?

38-1 record, 31 200-yard games, 3-time first-team All Big East, 2001 Maxwell Award winner. Not to mention he rewrote the record books for the the best college team of the past 25 years

I totally agree, if Ryan is good as Beck, then why draft Ryan? this will be able to get a Qb later in the draft, Flacco, Brohm, and Henne should be available.

Only problem is that Flacco, Brohm, and Henne all blow and Ryan is a franchise QB. Either take Ryan or dont draft a QB at all until late rounds when all picks are crap shoots. There are too many good players at other positions available in the first 3 rounds to waste a pick on a QB who is a shot in the dark. Ryan is a sure thing(we need a QB bad), the rest of these clowns are throwing darts at a board.

Only problem is that Flacco, Brohm, and Henne all blow and Ryan is a franchise QB. Either take Ryan or dont draft a QB at all until late rounds when all picks are crap shoots. There are too many good players at other positions available in the first 3 rounds to waste a pick on a QB who is a shot in the dark. Ryan is a sure thing(we need a QB bad), the rest of these clowns are throwing darts at a board.

Didn't Brohm put up better numbers last season?

still think Dorsey isn't among the best?

38-1 record, 31 200-yard games, 3-time first-team All Big East, 2001 Maxwell Award winner. Not to mention he rewrote the record books for the the best college team of the past 25 years

As what?

A pure QB with the talent needed to be a top QB at a level as competitive as the NFL?

The answer to that is obviously no.

A great college QB that had the smarts to work within a system and take advantage of his team that had stellar talent around him in at UM?

Sure he was good.

Doesn't mean squat to his actual abilities to be a top QB and press for a starting QB gig in the NFL.

Gino Torreta won a Heisman throwing jump balls to WR's while at UM.
Did that make him a great QB?

You don't think Beck has a chance that's one thing.
What you base that on at this point is competely questionable IMO but your choice to believe.

The problem comes when people post to an overboard degree like comparing a QB like Dorsey who was never considered to be even a mediocre NFL QB prospect to Beck.

As what?

A pure QB with the talent needed to be a top QB at a level as competitive as the NFL?

The answer to that is obviously no.

A great college QB that had the smarts to work within a system and take advantage of his team that had stellar talent around him in at UM?

Sure he was good.

Doesn't mean squat to his actual abilities to be a top QB and press for a starting QB gig in the NFL.

Gino Torreta won a Heisman throwing jump balls to WR's while at UM.
Did that make him a great QB?

You don't think Beck has a chance that's one thing.
What you base that on at this point is competely questionable IMO but your choice to believe.

The problem comes when people post to an overboard degree like comparing a QB like Dorsey who was never considered to be even a mediocre NFL QB prospect to Beck.

I dont know where you got me saying anything about Dorsey being an NFL QB. He doesn't have the physical tools necessary. No arm strength. I was just talking about him in college.

Gino Torreta was another great college QB, who just happens to be from the five-time national champion MIami Hurricanes

And I don't recall ever saying Beck didn't have a chance. Everyone has a chance in this league.

Josh Johnson may the best QB in this draft and nobody mentions him around here. He showed up all the QB's in any of the allstar games. Thats fine because Bill is famous for finding QB's in late rounds. BTW Drew Bledsoe and Curtis Martin was the only really high draft picks he has ever spent on a QB or HB in any of his rebuilding stops. Don't get your hopes up.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I myself am neither pro-Beck or anti-Beck. I just think that the situation he was put in last year, with little talent around him and less preparation, was adverse to the point that it would have been nigh impossible for any QB to look good. As for the contention that Lemon outplayed him, what often gets ignored is that Lemon had just a wee bit more practice time with the first team than Beck did. But anyone who reads carefully will note that at no point did I claim that he'll be our QB of the future, much less a "franchise QB". And I believe there are other ways for the Dolphins to cover themselves in case he doesn't develop than to pick Ryan at #1.

A wee bit more practice time is probably true, but also had 2 years in cam's offense in SD. If you don't think that matters you are clinicly insane.

Back
Top Bottom