Bedard's Saturday morning blog is up! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bedard's Saturday morning blog is up!

Jason Taylor played standing up more today, including one really cool play where he virtually lined up next to Zach at MLB and then came around left end with David Bowens. If it was a real game, as Big O pointed out, the QB would have been a victim of the Malachi Crunch;

:drool:

- David Boston didn't wear a red jersey today.

:yes:

Feeley was picked at least once on a leaping play by Taylor after a Tebucky Jones tip;

At least it was tipped. :chuckle:

FiN.in.RI said:
Thanks DD, not very encouraging though. :dunno:

Only if you are talking about the quarterbacks. But that's to be expected this early.

Defenses always, always dominate offenses in early practices. (except maybe in Indianapolis.)

But, I thought this was very very encouraging:

I have been pleasantly surprised at how well Vernon Carey has done going up against J.T. Vernon may be turning the corner thanks to Hudson Houck. Maybe the guy is the offense line god everyone makes him out to be. However, I want to see how Vernon looks in pads when J.T.'s going full speed

Its good to see that Carey is doing well at LT.

I know that its only MC, but is anybody else starting to get real worried about our QB situation?

PhinDude88 said:
Its good to see that Carey is doing well at LT.

I know that its only MC, but is anybody else starting to get real worried about our QB situation?

You answered your own question. It's only MC.

You can't get too excited or too worried about anything right now.

Besides, AJ is a natoriously bad practicer. He'll be fine. Hey, even in mini-camps J.T. was whipping Wade Smith something awfull.

At least Vernon Carey is holding his own right now, which is promising.

PhinDude88 said:

I've been worried about it. I think that our QB situation will make or break our season. Hopefully it's just the weather that's making them look horrible.

let's hope the QBs are just adjusting to the new offense. I know it's only mini camp, but it sounds like they've all been off target.

New Jesssica Simpson video....

I won't be scared as much about our passing game if Houck can get the running game going back when we had Ricky and that big eared guy playing QB and grinding out wins...

I am guessing that in Pre-Season we will know if our team is going in the right way. I do tell you this though, if Feeley or Ferrote doesnt do good for us this year, then i do expect for Saban to go after a big game QB.

With our offense, the kind of routes that feeley is learning now, hes bound to look bad early on. Its a COMPLEX offense. I think manning himself would be struggling under our new offense. (i hate manning, and for me to praise him should mean alot towards my point here.)

It's the second day of mini-camp in a new offense... like he said, a glorified walk though, I would not be too alarmed, just as if he said that they quarterbacks hit on 100% of thier passes and all of them went for Touchdowns, I would not be too excited. It's all relative to where we are in the learning curve. I remember during Jon Gruden's first mini-camp with the Bucs, the local papers were saying that the players looked as if they'd never played the game of football in their lives. The Quarterbacks were throwing interceptions all over the place, Keyshawn Johnson ran the wrong routes most of the first practice or two and that the offensive line looked like swiss cheese.. so, take it for what it's worth.. it's the second day of mini camp in a brand new offense.

Bedard is doing a good job of keeping us informed. Not encouraging about the QB play, especially Frerotte who should know this system. Good to hear Taylor being moved around and not so stationary. I always thought he would be more effective if he came from any and all angles.

I really am liking the the Vernon news. Sounds like Spielman maybe actually got us some good O-Line players in the draft. Hadnot has been impressing the coaches, and now Carey seems to be turning the corner. Also, Pape was named to the All-Star team in NFLE. :up:

Nublar7 said:
I really am liking the the Vernon news. Sounds like Spielman maybe actually got us some good O-Line players in the draft. Hadnot has been impressing the coaches, and now Carey seems to be turning the corner. Also, Pape was named to the All-Star team in NFLE. :up:

It just goes to show you what a difference good coaching makes.

Back
Top Bottom