Before the Dolphins, Miami had a pro football team named... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Before the Dolphins, Miami had a pro football team named...

Really freaked me out when I originally learned that... Seahawks have always been my 2nd favorite team :tongue:

It's easy to like them seeing as they're NFC, the exact opposite of the country, and the two barely ever play.

Then I found out the team name used to be connected with Miami, go figure :eek:

Originally posted by Semedi
Really freaked me out when I originally learned that... Seahawks have always been my 2nd favorite team :tongue:

It's easy to like them seeing as they're NFC, the exact opposite of the country, and the two barely ever play.

Then I found out the team name used to be connected with Miami, go figure :eek:

I like the Hawks too (obviously). Been a fan since 1984. I adopted the Hawks as my NFL team after watching them on a Monday night while I was in the Keys. Hence, the name KeyHawk.

Good luck to the Fins. Maybe both teams can get to the big dance next year.

You're welcome to visit our fan site at www.seahawks.net.

Key

I've always for some reason or another been fond of the Seahawks as well. I never even knew of the Miami connection to that name until I just read that... how weird.

There was a Yankees and Dodger football team in NY with the baseball teams? That's would've been confusing. 'Want to go to a Dodgers game?, Baseball, no football".

Being a history buff, I've tried to do a little studying up on NFL history and just sports history in general. It all gets really confusing. Dallas had the Texans, but it's not the same team as the Cowboys. St. Louis had the Cardinals, but now it's their baseball team and the Cardinals are in Arizona. AAAAH! I don't know... but it's interesting all the same. :lol:

but werent the Hawks in the AFC until just a few years ago?

Originally posted by Snickersbps
but werent the Hawks in the AFC until just a few years ago?

Seattle was an NFC team in their expansion year of 1976. Then they were in the AFC through 2001. In 2002, with the recent realignment, the Hawks returned to the NFC.

Key

ohhhh alright, i didnt follow football for a 2 year period for other reasons, and i missed that. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom