Behind The Steel Curtain 4 round mock 11/21/11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Behind The Steel Curtain 4 round mock 11/21/11

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[h=4]2. Miami Dolphins - Matt Barkley QB, USC[/h]2011 1st round Draft Pick: Mike Pouncey OG/OC, Florida
Team Needs: QB/FS/OG/TE
The rumor is that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is absolutely infatuated with Andrew Luck. If so he's going to have to make a huge deal with the Colts to get him. Given how he's handled the franchise so far it wouldn't surprise me to see Ross mortgage the future of the team by trading up for Luck. But since I don't do trades in my mock draft I'll have to mock them the next best thing, Matt Barkley. He's gotten better every year since starting as a true freshman. Given their quarterback woes I can't see this pick being anything else, especially since they will have a new coach.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...-mock-draft-andrew-luck-matt-barkley-steelers

Konz seems to be getting his props in these mocks- he deserves it but I wish that he was flying more under the radar. I think that Whitney Mercilus will go earlier than #49. I didn't see Weeden- all the better. Do we probably go for a 1st rd QB? Yes. Would I love to see us get a stud in the 1st rd and then Weeden in the 2nd rd? Absolutely. Would I personally consider taking Weeden in the 1st? Yup. Not having Weeden in the first four rounds seems utterly ridiculous to me, but otherwise it seems like a decent mock. I'm still not crazy about Barkley, but hey, that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom