Beigel, Baker and Mac | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beigel, Baker and Mac

Everyone saying Biegel has been okay are insane..
Have you seen his pressure rate?
You know he is beating tackles with under, inside, and outside moves...
The kid gets the qb off his spot..
Steal of a trade

These guys are good if asked to do what they're good at. Sounds dumb but it's taken a while for that to click. They aren't good enough to be flexible, any-system linebackers but if coached well and used in a system in which their skills are maximised they can be (and have been) effective.

Sure as hell beats watching Kiko charge around like a headless chicken in a china shop.

I think they've all gotten better as the season has went on. I think Biegel is okay, but we need someone with more talent still. Taco has been ok enough to earn a spot on the team next year I think

There are tiers of needs. First, critical need. IMO, QB, DE, CB. Somewhere down that list is the 'someday'tier. I'd place Biegel, Taco, and a few others on that list. Upgradeable, but playing well enough to keep and get snaps.

These guys are good if asked to do what they're good at. Sounds dumb but it's taken a while for that to click. They aren't good enough to be flexible, any-system linebackers but if coached well and used in a system in which their skills are maximised they can be (and have been) effective.

Sure as hell beats watching Kiko charge around like a headless chicken in a china shop.

R.McMillian is the perfect example of what you're saying. last year he was asked to cover and he looked bad. This year he's being ask to run down hill and he's looking great at it and statistically one of the best.
It's honestly the Patriot way..They are masters at exploiting what their players do well and understanding what yours doesn't.

I like Baker and i see his improvement. But I don't think he's the best fit for this system. He still has challenges getting of blocks. Not to mention he's 50/50 on hitting the right gap on runs. Give him a free lane and he's very good at blitzing but give him a little resistance and he's pretty much neutralized. Sometimes you need that LB to get by that blocker and still get to the offensive player. That's just not him.

The Beigel kid is sensational and more in line with what they'll want from their LBs.

Last edited:
WTF are you guys talking about? These linebackers suck. Jerome Baker should be our worst linebacker and he is our best one.

This is what happens when you have scrubs on your team for so long... people start to think mediocre upgrades are serviceable.

We will NEVER... EVER... EVER... win a superbowl with these guys as our starters. I dont care what any of you homers say. Learn what good linebackers look like and then come say something.

Most of you are delirious with blind optimism and Stockholm syndrome.

WTF are you guys talking about? These linebackers suck. Jerome Baker should be our worst linebacker and he is our best one.

This is what happens when you have scrubs on your team for so long... people start to think mediocre upgrades are serviceable.

We will NEVER... EVER... EVER... win a superbowl with these guys as our starters. I dont care what any of you homers say. Learn what good linebackers look like and then come say something.

Most of you are delirious with blind optimism and Stockholm syndrome.

As soon as I read the first sentence i knew it was written by 1 of 5 posters. Lol..

As soon as I read the first sentence i knew it was written by 1 of 5 posters. Lol..

I really wish I could call you out on my posts as I knew you would be replying. "Mr. The Miami Dolphins can do no wrong during their 1 win season"

Care to tell us how good this front office is because Mike Gesicki now has 6 whole catches in a game again?

I really wish I could call you out on my posts as I knew you would be replying. "Mr. The Miami Dolphins can do no wrong during their 1 win season"

Care to tell us how good this front office is because Mike Gesicki now has 6 whole catches in a game again?

what did you expect coming in to this season though? genuine question

Add Van Ginkle to the mix and we may have found 1 position we don't need to address next season. Hope we get to see him play a little this year.
Forgot about him. Looking forward to seeing him once he wakes from his season long nap.

Being surrounded by better talent never hurts either!
Personally, I think these guys are still subpar, but I'm encouraged that they're showing flashes of "getting it," which is promising. Next year the scrutiny will be much more intense, and coaches will be looking for more consistent performances, and if they're not steady … they may be benched for another younger and equally athletic prospect. The time to learn is now.

I expected us to suck like we obviously do. What I didnt expect is for some people (who shall remain nameless but they know exactly who they are) to vehemently defend this team, the coaches, and the GM when we are so horrible in all phases.

This team deserves to be criticized and scrutinized and most of the criticisms are justified.

This team's linebackers stink, quarterbacks stink, runningbacks stink, defensive line stinks, offensive line is bottom 3 in the league, wide receivers are depleted and are worthless without the rookie who just got injured, tightends are mediocre at best, and the secondary has 1 good player and a bunch of scrubs.

That is the entire team! No one should be praising, complimenting, or giving excuses for these guys. The only thing worse than the players is the GM creating this roster.

The only compliment given to this entire franchise should be that they are the least penalized team in football... other than that this team is a dumpster fire.

The Miami Dolphins are my team. I root for them because I love them and I want them to win, but I am not blind and wont lie to myself about the serious negligence that has been taking part in Davie for decades now.

:bigbry

Back
Top Bottom