Being in Chicago, lovin Bears getting Fields | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Being in Chicago, lovin Bears getting Fields

I think the kid doesn't have it between the ears. But in CHI you need someone with a great arm and he has that. Plus he has size/athleticsim and some skill so there'll be no excuses for that fraud Nagy if they fail. Good for them jumping up to take him. If you don't have a franchise QB (like them and us) you take QB until you do. We'll regret not staying at #3 and taking Lance for the next 10-15 years. Grier is clueless.
Wow, that's rough. I hope you are wrong and I think there were signs Tua can be great with HELP! I might eat my words in 2-3 years.

Miami absolutely crushed it (A+), but Fields was the best pick of Round 1. Fell to the same range as Mahomes and Watson, and he's like a bigger, faster Russell Wilson.

Imo the bears finally got a guy they can win with.
Miami absolutely crushed it (A+), but Fields was the best pick of Round 1. Fell to the same range as Mahomes and Watson, and he's like a bigger, faster Russell Wilson.

Agree 100%. I really like this pick. Bears eschewed winning the "value" competition and went and got their guy. I think Fields is going to be solid. Any comparison between him and Haskins is ... well I won't say what I think it. Too many hashtags as it is.

Agree 100%. I really like this pick. Bears eschewed winning the "value" competition and went and got their guy. I think Fields is going to be solid. Any comparison between him and Haskins is ... well I won't say what I think it. Too many hashtags as it is.
Haskins is not in the same league as Fields. The type of Offense the Bears run, and the expectations they have for their QB fits Justin Fields to a T.

I think Fields is going to be the best QB from this draft class not named Trevor Lawrence.

My one reservation is trey lance because quite honestly i don't know anywhere near enough about him to have an opinion.

I think Fields is going to be the best QB from this draft class not named Trevor Lawrence.

My one reservation is trey lance because quite honestly i don't know anywhere near enough about him to have an opinion.

I don't like Trevor Lawrence because he lacks the fire and obsessive motivation to be great. Listen to those quotes from his father and his coaches.

His dad : "He's not award driven. He doesn't want to win a Super Bowl at all costs."

His wife : "There's more to life than football for us."

His former coach : "He could quit football tomorrow and be fine and happy."

I wouldn't touch TL with a 10 foot pole. All the talent in the world means jack in the NFL. You have to be maniacal in preparation, fitness, film room, practice.. or else you don't win anything. Here we have a guy who literally doesn't really care about being GOAT or living and breathing football 24/7 to win. You cannot teach someone to want to be great. I predict TL will flame out in the NFL as he tries to skate by on his talent like he did in HS and college, and it won't work in the NFL. And if you expect him to be obsessive about winning, he doesn't have that in him.

As for Trey Lance, he's a running QB. He doesn't throw INT's because he doesn't throw the ball as much as he should. He might as well just switch his position to RB, with the amount of running TD's he has. In the NFL, running QB's are injury prone. They get hit too much. And they don't win. Look at Cam Newton, Mike Vick, RG3 etc. great flashy players, but injury prone and can't win a SB. The last thing you want is your QB out there running downfield taking hits constantly. And when NFL defenses want to force you to throw in a shortened field, these running QB's lack the QB instincts of a pure passer. They rely too much on their legs.

Mac Jones, the guy is surrounded by NFL talent at every position pretty much, in Alabama. In the past two drafts, -FOUR- Alabama wide receivers were taken in the first round. Last year, 2 of them got taken top 15 picks. This year, Waddle and Smith both got taken top 10 picks. Jones' RB Harris got taken in the first round last night. So did one of his O-Linemen. And more will be taken in the upcoming 2nd and 3rd rounds. Please. It's not a coincidence that every year, Alabama QB's are doing well in college. Tua, Jones.. all are being made to look great because of the talent around them.

This is why I think Justin Fields will be the best QB of the bunch. Best pure passing instincts of the draft. Very intelligent kid, mature, and has the passion to be great.

Justin Fields will be the best QB of this draft. We should have taken him, seeing as Tua was a mistake. I am sad.

Wow joined April 29 just to post this ? I like Fields a lot but man this is a terrible take.

We will see on Fields. There’s some talent there but he’s hardly an advanced passer. He will have to improve radically.

Back
Top Bottom