Bell Wants To Play Here | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bell Wants To Play Here

Three of the four teams that played last week had top 7 rushing attacks .with KC being the outlier at #16.

How do you explain that? Coincidence?

I'm surely open to listen to anything that can back up your statement. I'm not always right, but I'm not uninformed.

When you're ahead, you run more. 4 of the 4 teams ranked in the Top 10 in passing efficiency (offense relative to defense). Also, when you have a great offensive line, a great playcaller, and a great QB, running is much easier. The Rams, for example, faced the least-stacked boxes in the league.

When you're ahead, you run more. 4 of the 4 teams ranked in the Top 10 in passing efficiency (offense relative to defense). Also, when you have a great offensive line, a great playcaller, and a great QB, running is much easier. The Rams, for example, faced the least-stacked boxes in the league.
All true. I don't see how any of it diminishes the importance of being able to run though. Truly great teams have the ability to do both. If there wasn't an advantage in it, they wouldn't do it.

No thanks.

He just wants to sign here because he wants to jet ski every weekend.

If you're saying pass without considering the contract you're plumb dumb. If he wants to be the highest paid running back it's a hard pass. If he wants to take a slightly discounted and heavy incentivized contract for a year in order to prove his worth the money it's a hard yes. Keep in mind, right now we have nobody on the offensive side of the ball that we can build around. Drake is way to inconsistent (can't pass block to save his life) and outside of that there is nobody who's touching the ball who can impact the game.

So you're telling me we're going to pass on signing bell (if the contract is reasonable) and build from the ground by drafting "young and inexperienced" players without a veteran presence in the meeting rooms? Who's going to show these guys how to be pros? I say we trade Drake, resign Gore, build the offensive line out and consider signing Le'veon. That def takes pressure off of the young QB we'll be grooming.

The guy literally sat out on 14mil last year he’s not looking for a reasonable contract

Would love to see Pittsburgh put the Transition Tag on him... Just to further the drama.

Don't want him here in Miami.

All true. I don't see how any of it diminishes the importance of being able to run though. Truly great teams have the ability to do both. If there wasn't an advantage in it, they wouldn't do it.

So, if passing is a 10 on a scale from 1 to 10, running would be like a 3 or something. It's relatively unimportant. It's not completely unimportant.

So, if passing is a 10 on a scale from 1 to 10, running would be like a 3 or something. It's relatively unimportant. It's not completely unimportant.

Basically for every 8 ypa passing you get 4 ypc rushing, so it's more like 5/10. But since you need rushing to open up the passing, it's more like passing is 9/10 and rushing is 6/10.
An example is Rams' scoring, they had 32 passing TD and 23 rushing TDs on the season, meaning the rushing TDs equaled 2/3 of the passing scoring. In the same manner 6 is 2/3 of 9. Rushing is 2/3 as important as passing.

Basically for every 8 ypa passing you get 4 ypc rushing, so it's more like 5/10. But since you need rushing to open up the passing, it's more like passing is 9/10 and rushing is 6/10.
An example is Rams' scoring, they had 32 passing TD and 23 rushing TDs on the season, meaning the rushing TDs equaled 2/3 of the passing scoring. In the same manner 6 is 2/3 of 9. Rushing is 2/3 as important as passing.
I would go along with that assessment.

The power running game, 60% of plays can not in itself carry a team as it could 15 years ago. It is still a very necessary part of a complete team.

I respectfully disagree with this... I think this mentality is the reason most QB fail TBH... Teams seriously overpay and over draft QBs, limiting their ability to field a solid balanced team around them, making their chance of success even more of a crap shot.

With the defensive assignments being of a binary nature, in other words, if pass -> do this... if run -> do that. You just cant dismiss one part of the equation if not just for the balance part of benefits. If deception is part of offensive success, then you cant simply deny the value of the threat of a good running offense.

35c085w.gif

Back
Top Bottom