Benardrick McKinney restructure | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benardrick McKinney restructure

If X was injured in game 2 last season, he would be cut right now. Earning $0 from his remaining contract. There is no honor for teams in the NFL. Where’s the honor in that?
That’s not true. His dead cap would have been more than being on the roster so it’s highly unlikely they would have cut him after 2020.

This has nothing to do with “honor.” It’s a collectively bargained arrangement between players and owners. If teams couldn’t cut players to get out of deals, contracts would be far less lucrative because the risk of diminishing skills is too high in football.

X took security over a shorter term deal. He was the highest paid CB in the league at the time of signing. You don’t need an MBA to figure out that contract would be surpassed within a short period as salaries tend to escalate every year. He has FOUR years left on that deal. He’s missed significant playing time in his career and Miami gave him that deal in spite of an unpleasant off field issue.

Now he doesn’t feel “respected.” That’s a shame. His last season in Miami will be spent “unhappy” making $13.5 million. Instead of embracing playing on a winning team that is turning the corner he’ll choose to wallow in self pity. One day he’ll look back and lament he didn’t smell the roses more. They always do.

Ppl may not like Grier's tactics, but he unloaded Lawson's contract, and picked up a former pro bowl LB for 3 mil in the process.

Hard to argue with the results.
Also gives the player lots of incentive this season and gives Miami the opportunity to walk away and recoup a compensatory draft pick if it gets too rich. Smart business.

Also gives the player lots of incentive this season and gives Miami the opportunity to walk away and recoup a compensatory draft pick if it gets too rich. Smart business.
Too few fans care to acknowledge the business side of things, and make it out to be player v organization. Emotions make for a lot of bad choices.

Too few fans care to acknowledge the business side of things, and make it out to be player v organization. Emotions make for a lot of bad choices.

Agree. The problem, no offense to anyone, is a lot of professional athletes, while acknowledging it's a business, make decisions as if it's an argument between a married couple. X is just one example. A businessman (NFL players are all men) would understand leverage and the likely gain before starting a negotiation. His only hope is an MF replay - Miami wants to get rid of him so bad, they'll take the best offer, regardless how bad it is.

Another fail from the front office. If McKinney’s right that moneys he was due is easy. Now we got yet another one year rental.

should have drafted parsons clown shoes. Waddle at 6 lmao

He Gone Too. This one surprised me. But I guess Miami has its own thinking. He'll now be a F/A after 2021, which means he's likely gone.

He Gone Too. This one surprised me. But I guess Miami has its own thinking. He'll now be a F/A after 2021, which means he's likely gone.
I had him as a shock cut because we weren't on the hook for anything. But now...

I had him as a shock cut because we weren't on the hook for anything. But now...
I think Miami is playing the long game. They figure to gain a comp pick if he leaves. Very inline with what NE did with its players. It feels like they want a young cheap roster full of developmental players.

I think Miami is playing the long game. They figure to gain a comp pick if he leaves. Very inline with what NE did with its players. It feels like they want a young cheap roster full of developmental players.
Possible. We need to get the specifics. Not sure how they get comp picks. He had 3 years left with nothing guaranteed. I didn't think they plan to sit with him 3 years. I'm drafting LB high next year. One of my biggest need position right now.

Another fail from the front office. If McKinney’s right that moneys he was due is easy. Now we got yet another one year rental.

should have drafted parsons clown shoes. Waddle at 6 lmao
Didnt want a headcase like Parsons

Possible. We need to get the specifics. Not sure how they get comp picks. He had 3 years left with nothing guaranteed. I didn't think they plan to sit with him 3 years. I'm drafting LB high next year. One of my biggest need position right now.
The 2022 draft is loaded at CB and top heavy at LB. Both looking like needs for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom