Bengals blow PAT, and maybe playoff shot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals blow PAT, and maybe playoff shot

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, left, intercepts a pass intended for Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson during the first quarter. He also had a fumble recovery during the game.

The playoffs are slipping right through the Cincinnati Bengals’ fingers.
The Bengals lost to Denver 24-23 on a snowy Sunday when Brad St. Louis’ long snap on an extra point in the final minute sailed wide of holder Kyle Larson, preventing Shayne Graham from even attempting his 159th straight conversion.

The Bengals were offside on the onside kick, and then Quincy Morgan fielded the short second kickoff, sealing the win for Denver (9-6), which can clinch a playoff spot with a win next week against San Francisco.

Needing only to beat the Broncos to get into the postseason party themselves, the Bengals (8-7) drove 90 yards in 12 plays, with Carson Palmer tossing a 10-yard touchdown strike to T.J. Houshmandzadeh with 46 seconds left.

Then came the wide and wobbly snap that doomed the Bengals, who now must beat Pittsburgh at home next week and get some help to get into the playoffs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16349066/

I was visiting the Bengals fan web site and they all are now Miami Dolphin fans and wanting us to beat the Jets so they aren't forced to beat the Steelers next week. :lol:

that doesnt surprise me they are the dolphins of the afc north. we are mirror image teams . the players getting arested time after time isnt helping their cause any as well.:shakeno:

I was watching the last quarter, and when this happened I couldn't believe my eyese. The funny thing is that one of the guys that were watching the game, was just joking and said "watch, they will botch the Pat". And what do you know. He said he was just joking. So I guess Cincinnattie fans cam blame him and take their anger out on him for jinxing them lol. You know this is going to be played over and over again on ESPn. Man if I was a Bengals fan I would be so pissed.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

that doesnt surprise me they are the dolphins of the afc north. we are mirror image teams . the players getting arested time after time isnt helping their cause any as well.:shakeno:
we won more than 11 games throughout the 1990s and we dont have more parole officers than coaches.

I was visiting the Bengals fan web site and they all are now Miami Dolphin fans and wanting us to beat the Jets so they aren't forced to beat the Steelers next week. :lol:

They need to beat the Steelers, regardless. If they lose to Pitt, they'd be 8-8.

What exactly needs to happen for Cincy to get in? They need to win + a Jets loss + ?

I'm rooting for Cincy to get in........

They need to beat the Steelers, regardless. If they lose to Pitt, they'd be 8-8.

What exactly needs to happen for Cincy to get in? They need to win + a Jets loss + ?

I'm rooting for Cincy to get in........

yeah I am rooting for Cincy to get in too.

As far as I know yes, they need to win and the Jets need to lose 1 of the next 2.

The Bengals, Titans, Jaguars, and Chiefs are all rooting for us hard tonight...I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom