Bengals coach replaces star WR's checklist | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals coach replaces star WR's checklist

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Chad Johnson has a new editor for his provocative checklists -- an unamused head coach with a finger on the delete key.

The Bengals' star receiver created a special list for his locker this week, tweaking the Baltimore Ravens as a lead-up to their game. When he arrived on Wednesday morning, he found it had been replaced.

A new checklist challenged the Pro Bowl receiver to study, block and lead -- and, indirectly, to keep his mouth shut heading into a game that the Bengals (6-2) need to win to ensure they'll stay in first place in the AFC North.

Coach Marvin Lewis was now editor-in-chief.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/02/bc.fbn.bengals.chad.sli.ap/index.html

Yeah, I heard about this on NFL Network this morning. The whole checklist thing was pretty funny but I can see why Marvin Lewis got rid of it and I could also see why it was a good idea.

Marvin Lewis had no reason to take his list down except to be an *******. The team is 6-2 so it's obvious that Chad's games aren't effecting the team. Plus Chad does things in a fun way, a way that rally's his teammates behind him. I think Marvin dropped the ball on this one. As long as the guys keep winning, let them have fun. If they aren't winning that's when you clamp down. Loosen up Marvin Lewis!

If I was the coach I would have done the same thing. That team is starting to turn into Chad Johnson's show. He needed to get the focus back on the team so Chad will stop worrying about his personal achievements.

Back
Top Bottom