Bengals Front Office Split on Herbert and Burrow? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals Front Office Split on Herbert and Burrow?

What's the market for trading up to Burrow? Who else wants him and has the draft capital to do it?

Price sounds about right. If they truly want Herbert and trade out to 5

I agree, price sounds about right. That was my estimate prior to the 2019 season, that it would require 4 first round picks to move up for Tua.

That was based on Tua remaining healthy and having another dominant season. With Burrow it's somewhat different because he's older and has done it for only one season. IMO, that would drop the logical price to 3.5 first round picks, or the equivalent. Maybe between 3.5 and 3.75

Too many people are focusing on past examples of price and not the situational influence in play right now. Cincinnati knows Miami donated the season for this opportunity. That's why the price to Miami would be higher than toward some other team that played 2019 normally and just happened to wind up at #5 with a quarterback need.

The silly trade numbers have come from the mock trades that look at this terrain normally and go by the chart alone. Every Bengals fan would be rightfully outraged if they accepted some insulting return like a Kelley Book number.

The chart says it'd take 5+18+39 to go from 5 to 1 but I doubt the bengals would take that and I'm sure they'd ask for more. I see no way Miami give up 4 1st round picks for him or for anyone else.

pick #1 is worth 3000 points
5-1700
18-700
39-510
=3100 points
Add in the fact that the Bengals also get to stay in the top 5??

Pretty square deal

1. Cincinnati wants to see what teams will offer.
2. Burrow has said privately to his agent no way to Cincinnati, and this is to get trade talks started, and Cincy is trying to save face...'we always liked Herbert better'

It’s widely circulated they , like most... were impressed with Herbert’s performance in Senior Bowl week. The difference is the Bengals were the coaches of Herbert’s Squad and got an up close look at him.

If they want him you can bet they like him.

Burrow is the cream of the crop. However he is still unproven. Just as with Tua, I would prefer not to spend all my primary draft capital to move up to get him.

Now I would consider throwing in the 18th pick, 1 of next year's 1st picks, and 1 of our second round picks plus Howard at the very most.

I agree with your limit on a trade up... however I do think Burrow has a special “it” factor that is rare.

Having a top notch QB didnt help the Packers, Chargers make the super bowl. Close, but didnt make it.

The 49ers made the super bowl with a journeyman qb.

We need more than just QB. Dont give up everything for an injury prone qb, or one year wonder who had a good team around him.

Yes but by that same thought process, the Patriots basically made the super bowl every other year for the last 2 decades because they had the best QB. Yes he was a 6th round pick, but he was the best during that amazing run.

Back
Top Bottom