Bengals = Team to beat in the AFC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals = Team to beat in the AFC?

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just checked out some of their recent signings.

Without a doubt, the Bengals have an explosive offense filled with great receivers, a solid offensive line, solid running back, and a great QB from Carson Palmer.

But now they are building their defense and added names like Sam Adams and Dexter Jackson.

Could they be the team to beat in the AFC? I had the Bengals winning it all in the 2005 Playoffs before the postseason began untill Carson Palmer had a clean tear on his ligament.

If Palmer is healthy they are a very strong team

If Palmer can come back 100% they would definitely be tough.

I guess redemption will be oh so sweet for the Bengals fans who suffered through the teams of the 90s and early 21st century.

MikeO said:
If Palmer is healthy they are a very strong team

That is the major question with them.....even more so than with us as Palmer was injured in January will likely not be ready for a large part of the season.

Also, despite the nice turnover numbers (which I wouldn't count on them reproducing)..........their defense was far below average last year. Sam Adams and Dexter Jackson (immensley overrated) aren't going to help that much. IMO they should fall back to the pack some this year because Palmer probably won't play for a good part of the year.

There defense is a mirage. They are a very poor tackling team that got exposed whenever they played a high powered offense. Unless they were getting turnovers they were a bottom 10 defensive football team.

IFFFFFFFFFFF Carson Palmer makes 12-14 starts they are a playoff team just because they can score points like crazy. If Palmer is out until mid October they are done. Doug Johnson does'nt scare anyone, that will eliminate the running game and leave it to their defense to win games, something they can not do.

unifiedtheory said:
There defense is a mirage. They are a very poor tackling team that got exposed whenever they played a high powered offense. Unless they were getting turnovers they were a bottom 10 defensive football team.

IFFFFFFFFFFF Carson Palmer makes 12-14 starts they are a playoff team just because they can score points like crazy. If Palmer is out until mid October they are done. Doug Johnson does'nt scare anyone, that will eliminate the running game and leave it to their defense to win games, something they can not do.

I agree, but when you look at the young talent their defense has, they're damn near second to none. Marvin Lewis knows how to coach defensive players and they have got Odell Thurman and David Pollack, as well as Madieu Williams -- some great talent.

Back
Top Bottom