Benito Jones elevated to active roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benito Jones elevated to active roster

My opinion too. I have wanted to see what we have and what we may have next year
That's the problem with prognostication about what we will look for in the draft.

We don't really know yet what we have in the last one.

Things, hopefully, will become clearer as we move forward.

I'm quite happy with this one. I hope they actually let him play, rather than keeping him inactive.

Posters have called for the Dolphins to bring in a true NT for years, and Jones is a true NT. Most touts had a third day grade on him, but few true NTs are ever drafted and he fell right out of the draft. As I've said in the past, I have no idea if he's good enough... but he LOOKS like a NT and he's the first one we've had in awhile.

If he works out... we'll be able to bypass the DT position in next year's draft.

That's the problem with prognostication about what we will look for in the draft.

We don't really know yet what we have in the last one.

Things, hopefully, will become clearer as we move forward.
Good point. You have to know what you have to know what you need.

I'm quite happy with this one. I hope they actually let him play, rather than keeping him inactive.

Posters have called for the Dolphins to bring in a true NT for years, and Jones is a true NT. Most touts had a third day grade on him, but few true NTs are ever drafted and he fell right out of the draft. As I've said in the past, I have no idea if he's good enough... but he LOOKS like a NT and he's the first one we've had in awhile.

If he works out... we'll be able to bypass the DT position in next year's draft.
Hoping he turns into another udfa gem.. clog some holes Benito!

Pretty sure he was in on a series or so in the 4th

I didn't see him until Davis went off the field. Really only saw him for one play. He drove the center straight back. I'll be interested to hear what those who watch a lot of film say about his play.

5 star recruit. I don't mind exploration like this. But the problem with Jones at Mississippi was he couldn't find the football. That was actually the issue with many of the third tier defensive tackle types in last year's draft. I remember mentioning it in the Draft Forum. Defensive tackle is my favorite position to evaluate. Normally there are lots of lower rated guys who have one or two flaws but they can overcome them via tenacity and instincts. The 2020 crop really didn't seem to feature that. I kept looking at the two guys from Mississippi and the 2-3 guys from Nebraska. They all teased from a physical standpoint but lacked instincts.

It showed up immediately today with Jones. I was watching Davis all day. He wasn't doing much, although he does get into the backfield once in a while. All of a sudden 4th quarter Davis is out and I see this clean white jersey out there, #95. Who the heck is this guy?

Then I think it was his first play and it was hilarious. The Jets broke a long run up the middle. I think it was Gore. Regardless, Jones got knocked down. Then he got up. And he started pursuing into the backfield...even though the Jets running back was 15 yards behind him.

Once I saw that I didn't check again. But I'll give him another look. We do need a nose tackle. Kendrick Norton was well built for that spot, minus the sad car accident.

Doesn’t sound like he did much. hopefully he just didn’t get a great chance, still learning, etc.

Doesn’t sound like he did much. hopefully he just didn’t get a great chance, still learning, etc.

Well he's more of a space monster than pass rusher, so I'd want him to swallow blocks and get double teamed so as to allow my LBers and other Dlinemen to seek work so I wouldn't expect big stats from him, more like he facilitates the big stats for others.

According to the snap counts, he got 8 snaps... likely after Davis exited. I'm waiting for our local film junkies to hear how they went.

Back
Top Bottom