Bennet signs with Kansas for a 4th rd pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bennet signs with Kansas for a 4th rd pick?

donstr69

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dang.....just to think we could have gotten him for that....I think that is an absolute steal....

:dolphins:

I hope your joking. We run a POWER run game, which is the opposite of the often injured, overated rb that is Michael Bennet. A fourth is a steal for the saints who probably would have been forced to cut him.

i wouldn't have given a 4th for him due to his injury issues and the saints need to cut him lose (5th might not be too bad). however, i really would have liked to see him here. he could have been a great back up to ronnie. his style of running is very different and would have been a great change of pace when ronnie needed a rest. plus, if he put up decent numbers as a backup and stayed healthy, we could have traded him for a better pick in the off season to someone that needed a RB.

donstr69 said:
Dang.....just to think we could have gotten him for that....I think that is an absolute steal....

Hey, I have a really nice bridge up for sale... Wanna buy it? since your a fin fan, I'll sell to you cheap!

donstr69 said:

Kansas CITY ........and he didn't sign anything. He was traded.

Holy cow! A 4th round pick for pulling a Madden move??? Damn.

I'm serious that's exactly what New Orleans did. They pulled a Madden move. That's one of the moves you pull in order to stock pile draft picks. If you have a lot of cap room, you sign a FA to a big money deal with as little signing bonus as you can get away with, then you trade him off to another team for a draft pick.

Man, lucky New Orleans. They've made a few savvy moves since Payton took over. Drew Brees. They took out some of the trash on defense (Sullivan, got a good return man for him). They got Reggie Bush signed quicker than we can even get Jason Allen signed. Now they sell off Bennett, a FA they just signed this off season, for a 4th round pick!

ckparrothead said:
Holy cow! A 4th round pick for pulling a Madden move??? Damn.

I'm serious that's exactly what New Orleans did. They pulled a Madden move. That's one of the moves you pull in order to stock pile draft picks. If you have a lot of cap room, you sign a FA to a big money deal with as little signing bonus as you can get away with, then you trade him off to another team for a draft pick.

Man, lucky New Orleans. They've made a few savvy moves since Payton took over. Drew Brees. They took out some of the trash on defense (Sullivan, got a good return man for him). They got Reggie Bush signed quicker than we can even get Jason Allen signed. Now they sell off Bennett, a FA they just signed this off season, for a 4th round pick!

Haha -- I was thinking the same thing, MADDEN MOVE!

Dude I am so excited for August 22 for 2007 on 360. I am dying to check out the ratings, and ... to have a quarterback to play with online! Its amazing.... I got really good with the Dolphins, then started to mess around with the Vikings for obvious reasons. I'm gonna be hard to beat when '07 comes out and our team is this much better.

hahahahahaha... a 4th round pick

newbetterbucs05 said:
But if Preist is Okay they will have 3 solid RB's.

Part of why they traded for Bennet is because more than likely Preist is done. It's sad to say but he's had one serious injury after another and with Larry Johnson being dubed the starter it seems unlikely he will be in K.C. for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom