Benson & Ricky?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benson & Ricky??

putter1013

Active Roster
Reaction score
Don't Fry me for this, it is just a thought. IMO it won't happen but it is possible.
Think about this, who is Benson's Idol? Ricky Williams
What would happen if Ricky did decide to come back and Saban has said that he would still look at adding a RB in the Draft. It would be stupid IMO but what if he drafted Benson. These two are buds and it would give Ricky incentive to come back. I don't know if I like it, but it would be one he!! of a one two punch and would give us insurance for when Ricky goes back to smokin' the weed. Just so Benson doesn't join him.
Like I said, don't fry me for this. I just thought of this possibility and was kinda wonderin if it had popped into anyone else's mind?

Yes, it had cross my mind and it could happen. I hope the Draft was tommrow this waiting is killing me. The best off season in Dolphins history.

no it wont happen and we would have a similar situation like Buffalo does in 2 years

If Ricky comes back, RB likely won't be viewed as a need at all - with Gordon and Morris on the roster. Some argue, myself included, that RB is not a 1st round need anyways. If it is a 1st round need, I certainly do not see it as a 2nd overall requirement.

If Ricky does come back before the draft I dont think we would take a RB with the first pick. I still think we might take one later in the draft, but like poolboy said with Morris, Gordon and Ricky RB isnt that great of a need anymore.

Doktor Ivel said:
yea, then they would both retire again, and move to India to study Hollistic medicine and smoke a joint!
gotta ruin the ending for everyone huh

putter1013 said:
Don't Fry me for this, it is just a thought. IMO it won't happen but it is possible.
Think about this, who is Benson's Idol? Ricky Williams
What would happen if Ricky did decide to come back and Saban has said that he would still look at adding a RB in the Draft. It would be stupid IMO but what if he drafted Benson. These two are buds and it would give Ricky incentive to come back. I don't know if I like it, but it would be one he!! of a one two punch and would give us insurance for when Ricky goes back to smokin' the weed. Just so Benson doesn't join him.
Like I said, don't fry me for this. I just thought of this possibility and was kinda wonderin if it had popped into anyone else's mind?
:bong: :beerbang:

Marino1983

If Ricky decides to return then i really hope that we will draft one of the two QB or trade down and get more picks.

Saban4prez said:
ricky CAN'T come back before the draft.

Ah, yes, I forgot about the July thing. Let me rephrase then. If Saban is pretty much 100% confident that Ricky will come back after the July deadline I dont think he will take a RB at #2.

phins17 said:
Yes, it had cross my mind and it could happen. I hope the Draft was tommrow this waiting is killing me. The best off season in Dolphins history.

You've waited this long, you can wait 30 more days.:cooldude:

If Ricky came back and we drafted Benson..... If benson proved he could start for the following season say bye bye to ricky. He'd be traded immediately after the season ended, that is if he proved he was still a capable starter aswell.

Almost like the Chargers.... where they have Drew Brees who had a break out season, going to the pro bowl... and Phillip Rivers as a first round draft choice last year who is expected to have an amazing NFL career.

Back
Top Bottom