Besides the WR position did we upgrade any position in FA? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Besides the WR position did we upgrade any position in FA?

We got weaker on the edge: both in setting it, and in the pass rush. We took a downgrade at backup QB. We made a probable lateral move at Center with a bit of upside.

But other than that, we remained the same or improved almost every where else.

WR: Fuller, Foster, and possibly Wilson
RB: Brown
DT: two new rotational guys to replace Godchaux who didn't play anyway.
LB: a new Mike and some better depth than Hill or Munson.
CB: A probable new slot corner.

This was a nice haul... if we fix the Edges through the draft.

Coleman upgrades the slot and the depth of the team was improved at both the DT and LB positions. Skura if healthy, is an upgrade to Karras. But that remains to be seen.

The one concern was how both Karras and Van Noy ran back to New England, as well as, the appearance of Andrew's using Miami to get a four year deal out of the Patriots. I've been wondering if there is something more here. Perhaps a disdain for Flores?

Coleman upgrades the slot and the depth of the team was improved at both the DT and LB positions. Skura if healthy, is an upgrade to Karras. But that remains to be seen.

The one concern was how both Karras and Van Noy ran back to New England, as well as, the appearance of Andrew's using Miami to get a four year deal out of the Patriots. I've been wondering if there is something more here. Perhaps a disdain for Flores?
Way to completely speculate and look for something non existent to try to stir up some type of controversy.

nope!

I'm looking to say we upgraded any particular position. I look for overall upgrade for the team. I feel we strengthen our core and rotation. And we still have 5 top draft picks. So right now I feel we are better than last year and it's only going to up with the draft.

I think this is going to be very difficult to answer yes .
I actually think we MAY have done better with the DT position and maybe LB .
But we lost out on a good DE to gain the LB.
Unless we replace Godchaux with Darnold, there will be disagreement over the upgrade. Most come with some caveats. Skura is an upgrade IF he can shed the bad snaps. Fuller is an upgrade unless he's injured in PS.
That said, WR and slot corner are upgraded. (Wilson should upgrade the quick/fast type, but he's not a FA.) I think OC will be an upgrade. DT's, as a group, have been upgraded. I'm inclined RB/LB have been upgraded, but not significantly.
To me, the same top 3 needs most listed before FA - WR/LB/Edge

Back
Top Bottom