Besides the WR position did we upgrade any position in FA? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Besides the WR position did we upgrade any position in FA?

I think we are a better team, now, esp with the picks in the draft yet to come.

If, for example, we were able to land JaMarr Chase and he put up numbers similar to what Justin Jefferson did in Minnesota, that's an offensive playmaker. Add that to Fuller's deep threat, and this offense can threaten a defense.

We have several outstanding players on defense (Ogbah, both CBs, Davis, Wilkins, AVG). If we can add a solid contributor or two through the draft--we should have a top 10 defense.

I think our STs will be better.

I like what we've done at LB with McKinney, Scarlett, Riley, and re signing Beigel. Our Front Seven, already good, I think is better.

The Oline....a ridiculously young unit, can only be expected to get way better. Add a RT in the draft, it should be set.

Malcolm Brown can do a lot of dirty work at RB. Need a young guy who can challenge and eventually win the RB spot from Gaskin. We need him to be the third guy in rotation, not the starter. That can be accomplished this draft.

And then it all comes down to Tua. Tua possesses the ability of Drew Brees...who in his second season (first as a starter) had a 76.9 QBR. If Tua can hit 80 QBR in 2021 with an improved line, improved Running game, better weapons at WR...he should only get better from there. His work ethic is amazing. His accuracy is very good. He's athletic enough.

I don't see any reason this team can't compete for the playoffs for the next decade.

At worst, we added starters at WR and LB who are significantly better than who we put out last year, plus broadly upgraded the bottom of our roster.

At best, we also upgraded at C, third-down/short yardage RB, nickel, and special teams.

We upgraded nickel CB, tho maybe not to the degree I'd have hoped. I think Skura is a better OC than Karras also, but again the upgrade is not huge.

At worst, we added starters at WR and LB who are significantly better than who we put out last year, plus broadly upgraded the bottom of our roster.

At best, we also upgraded at C, third-down/short yardage RB, nickel, and special teams.
Yep....last year, if the gap wasn't cleanly blocked, the back wasn't getting through. Malcolm Brown can get through some of those situations. He's not perfect, but he's definitely an upgrade in short yardage and when teams are playing base nickel.

Yep, sure did .... DT, MLB, possibly (hopefully) C .... just not splashy names ... and not a lot of $$$$ .... so honestly, decent effort !

FULLER certainly has potential, lots of it - if he can stay healthy and on the field!! But, that tale will be told by the bye ....

But, at the end of the day .... we will have to pay FULLER AND GESICKI next year .... and doubt it will be both .... so we’ll see who comes through ... and who we draft ...

Back
Top Bottom