Bess and Hartline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bess and Hartline

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago someone mentioned in a thread about the productivity of these two. Hartline has 925 yards and Bess has 778 yards. These two are having surprisingly good years despite all the offensive struggles. These guys are pretty good 2nd and 3rd receivers and we need to keep Hartline this offseason. Imagine hoe effective they could be with a true #1 leading the way and taking the pressure off them.

With a true 1 our receivers could be special. Bess, Hartline, Matthews, and a #1 would make for a good core for Tanneyhill to mature with.

Give it a rest 2 TDs between the two of them! Brian Hartline has a habit of tripping over his own feet and literally got tackled by a fingernail yesterday. He is a nice player and possibly a number 4 wr, but nothing more!

Neither of that crap duo should be on the field on 1st and 2nd down (they are because miami has no choice). Bess is a #3 WR and Hartline is a #4 on a decent offense.

Anytime you have such crap starting for you on 1st and 2nd down, you have the ranked offense miami has

They're both also atrocious in the red zone. They absolutely stink in tight spaces on a shortened field. This is because they both need tons of real estate and space to operate their routes.. Hartline runs deep comebacks that are a mile long to get open, Bess absolutely stinks beyond 10 yards on any route as he's piss poor at separation. He also has poor balance and falls down like a led zeppelin as soon as he catches a pass (notice the shot he took yesterday on the very rare occasion he actually kept his balance = UGLY fumble). At any stride of decent distance defenders easily catch up to him... they are #3 and #4/5 WR's at best

No defensive coordinator is fearful of the pathetic slow trio of harline bess and meatball fasano (who can't hit the seam to save his life as he's slow as a turtle). None of these guys demand attention from defenses, safeties can roam free and do whatever they want to stifle miami's offense because nobody is worried about fasano hartline and bess.... and that's why Tannehill has a very ugly number of only 8 TD's going into the 14th game of the season

Neither of that crap duo should be on the field on 1st and 2nd down (they are because miami has no choice). Bess is a #3 WR and Hartline is a #4 on a decent offense.

Anytime you have such crap starting for you on 1st and 2nd down, you have the ranked offense miami has

They're both also atrocious in the red zone. They absolutely stink in tight spaces on a shortened field. This is because they both need tons of real estate and space to operate their routes.. Hartline runs deep comebacks that are a mile long to get open, Bess absolutely stinks beyond 10 yards on any route as he's piss poor at separation. He also has poor balance and falls down like a led zeppelin as soon as he catches a pass (notice the shot he took yesterday on the very rare occasion he actually kept his balance = UGLY fumble). At any stride of decent distance defenders easily catch up to him... they are #3 and #4/5 WR's at best

No defensive coordinator is fearful of the pathetic slow trio of harline bess and meatball fasano (who can't hit the seam to save his life as he's slow as a turtle). None of these guys demand attention from defenses, safeties can roam free and do whatever they want to stifle miami's offense because nobody is worried about fasano hartline and bess.... and that's why Tannehill has a very ugly number of only 8 TD's going into the 14th game of the season

You do understand both these guys are being doubled all game every game because the opposition knows they are the only options Tanney has.they are good and would be better with a #1 on the field with them

I'm not fond with our receivers either but Blaming Bess for not getting separation is retarded, He's playing our of position on the boundary and still making plays. He's supposed to be inside where he can use his quickness and route running expertise against linebackers and nickel backs. PLEASE explain to me how Davone Bess has terrible balance ???? do you watch out games? the guy is always scooping under defenders and getting extra yards. don't accredit Bess's lack of td's to his route running that makes no sense, he's small that is the main issue it's tough for smaller guys to get open in a contained space.

Bess is one of our bright spots on offense without a question.

You do understand both these guys are being doubled all game every game because the opposition knows they are the only options Tanney has.they are good and would be better with a #1 on the field with them
While I agree they would be better if they had a #1 receiver to take the heat off them, you do realize there are plenty of teams with 2 and even 3 receivers better than Hartline and Bess? Ideally we should take the heat completely off them by having a legitimate #1 and #2 in there... :)

While I agree they would be better if they had a #1 receiver to take the heat off them, you do realize there are plenty of teams with 2 and even 3 receivers better than Hartline and Bess? Ideally we should take the heat completely off them by having a legitimate #1 and #2 in there... :)

that would be the best case I agree

I think that Hartline has the potential to develop into a nice #2 in this system, and Bess would be an excellent #3 in the slot. Really could use a legitimate #1 threat and this receiving core goes from below average to actually pretty solid.

I think it depends on what other talent we acquire. For example, if we sign Jennings and draft Hunter, then Hartline is probably #3 at best, if Matthews doesn't make progress. I we sign Wallace and draft Allen/Woods/Wheaton then Hartline is still probably fighting Matthews for #3. If we go on the cheap and just add through the draft then he has more value as a mentor. Frankly I think WR is one spot we could immediately FIX this offseason, which would put our offense in "almost done" mode.

I wouldn't bring Hartline back next year. He's been a focal point of this offense for 3 or 4 years and the passing game has sucked every season. We need new blood.

I think it depends on what other talent we acquire. For example, if we sign Jennings and draft Hunter, then Hartline is probably #3 at best, if Matthews doesn't make progress. I we sign Wallace and draft Allen/Woods/Wheaton then Hartline is still probably fighting Matthews for #3. If we go on the cheap and just add through the draft then he has more value as a mentor. Frankly I think WR is one spot we could immediately FIX this offseason, which would put our offense in "almost done" mode.
I don't think Rishard Matthews, the phantom menace, will be on the team next year. He can barely get on the field with this pathetic offense.

Think Hartline and Bess are fine. Especially Hartline. I think we need to get a true 1 though and open up the offense more. Be able to open temas up and spread them out. Also improve the offensive line. If Reggie is back next year he needs to be spread out to WR more like last Sunday.

Think Hartline and Bess are fine. Especially Hartline. I think we need to get a true 1 though and open up the offense more. Be able to open temas up and spread them out. Also improve the offensive line. If Reggie is back next year he needs to be spread out to WR more like last Sunday.
All of the players you mentioned should be shown the door.

All of the players you mentioned should be shown the door.
Sure if you could definitely upgrade them. Everybody can say the Dolphins should sign Greg Jennings and that is great, but there is going to be other teams going after Jennings, as well and we don't even know if he wants to leave GB. Its great to have a wish list, but its unrealistic to say lets have a great offense but lets get rid of all of our best offensive players and bring in new players that we don't even know we are able to obtain.

Sure if you could definitely upgrade them. Everybody can say the Dolphins should sign Greg Jennings and that is great, but there is going to be other teams going after Jennings, as well and we don't even know if he wants to leave GB. Its great to have a wish list, but its unrealistic to say lets have a great offense but lets get rid of all of our best offensive players and bring in new players that we don't even know we are able to obtain.
You cannot return next season with Bess and Hartline as your starters again. Can't happen.

Back
Top Bottom