Best all time dolphins in every position. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best all time dolphins in every position.

Finsfan1984. Career backup Don Strock is your QB2 and not Bob Griese?
Yes, and I explained very well why I did that. I knew exactly how some would get upset and I understand. However, Strock was a beast coming off the bench in relief. As much as I love Bob, and he was great, he was the recipient of a great team, and at QB #2, I want the best passer @coming off the bench” in a relief or injury role. But hey, It’s just my 2 cents here. 😜

Again...I’m basing it on who was the best player to ever play the position in Miami....Nat Moore who played in the 70’s and 80’s will tell you (and I heard the interview on “Fishtank”...) Warfield was on another level than any receiver he’s been around. I’m not going to downgrade any player for the era they played in...the rules were much different!

I’ve personally watched all these players...Warfield was an all-time great whose mere presence drove those great Dolphin running games with the threat of Griese hitting him downfield!
Warfield was on a completely different level. The player he most reminded me of is Jerry Rice. His stride - he ran like a gazelle.

In terms of ability, I think it’s certainly a viable argument to be made. But Thomas had the one crucial ability that Offerdahl didn’t have: “availability.” Offerdahl was hurt an awful lot, but he was a great, great player— and he did it without the great linemen up front that Thomas had when he played.
Thomas needed the beef to tie up the linemen. When they DTs couldn’t do that he was ineffective - it didn’t happen often. Offerdahl was a wrecking ball and needed no such help. Thomas was a bigger play maker though.

Some great compilations and debate in here. I don’t have much to add. I will say that Cam Wake and Bob Baumhower have to make the list somehow.

I also think Surtain was a little more consistent than Madison.

Finally, Zonk, Ricky AND Mercury Morris. Since technically 1 was a FB, we need two HBs. Throw Toby Nathan in as a utility player. Or Jim Kiick.

Reggie Roby (may he RIP) was light years better than any punter we - or pretty much any other team - ever had. He’d stand on his goal line and somehow the other team would take possession a their own 35. He was a physical monster who probably could have played MLB.

Another thing that really stands out is we’ve had serviceable or role player TEs. Only 1 truly great TE in our history - Keith Jackson. Of course, how well they blocked is not being factored in here.

I'm 60 and Csonka is the only Dolphins jersey I ever owned. If you didn't get to see him play, you missed the baddest dude we ever had. Ricky had vision, it defies explanation how Csonka did what he did.
Still the only offensive player to be called for a personal foul while carrying the ball. That forearm shiver to the Buffalo DB that knocked him out cold is one of my favorite clips to rewatch. “Bad” doesn’t even begin to describe Csonka - lol 😆

Back
Top Bottom