Best all-time game - Ricky Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best all-time game - Ricky Williams

Second greatest player in Dolphins history........

"bye bye ricky, look at the jets in your rear view mirror!" will never forget that. Man i miss watching him

Can you imagine how we all would feel going in to this season if we had that 2002 Ricky? Best Dolphins RB ever.

Man I miss him!!!!!!

the bears game 2002. He was coming off a 228 yard game and then the following week put up another 200. A pretty hard feat

Maybe not his best statistical game, but how about the 2003 season, week 3 game vs Buffalo on a Sunday night. Wanny ran him 40 times in that awful dirt baseball infield and he never slowed down.

Mike Patrick was in complete awe at his physique and endurance. We won that one 17-7.

Dolphins 23, Colts 17 (OT), Dec. 30, 2000, Pro Player Stadium: Indy led 14-0 at halftime but this one turned out to be all about RB Lamar Smith, who rushed 40 times for 209 yards and two TDs, including the winner from 17 yards out.

Coach Dave Wannstedt jumped on Smith’s back in the locker room, yelling, “You carried us all season! Now you can carry me across the room!”

Sad postscript for Dolfans: Miami hasn’t won a playoff game since

Not trying to hijack this thread. Just remember how awesome that was. The next week he was useless against the Raiders. How dumb of Wanny having Lamar Smith carrying him across the room after carrying the rock 40 times :idk:

Dolphins 23, Colts 17 (OT), Dec. 30, 2000, Pro Player Stadium: Indy led 14-0 at halftime but this one turned out to be all about RB Lamar Smith, who rushed 40 times for 209 yards and two TDs, including the winner from 17 yards out.

Coach Dave Wannstedt jumped on Smith’s back in the locker room, yelling, “You carried us all season! Now you can carry me across the room!”

Sad postscript for Dolfans: Miami hasn’t won a playoff game since

Not trying to hijack this thread. Just remember how awesome that was. The next week he was useless against the Raiders. How dumb of Wanny having Lamar Smith carrying him across the room after carrying the rock 40 times :idk:

That just goes to show how pitiful a qb we had back then. We rode our RB's to death. And we can all remember good times about Ricky but you also have to remember he quit on the fans and his teammates. Regardless of how much he was used his job was to run the ball! That is sonething I will never forget !

I'd say the Chicago game over the Bills game just because we won.

Maybe not his best statistical game, but how about the 2003 season, week 3 game vs Buffalo on a Sunday night. Wanny ran him 40 times in that awful dirt baseball infield and he never slowed down.

Mike Patrick was in complete awe at his physique and endurance. We won that one 17-7.

That was a brutal game. I am pretty sure Ricky decided to retire in his mind right after that game. He was abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my favorite also. 42 carries for 153 yards. And the game clinching TD with less than 2 minutes left.
Everyone in the Stadium knew where the ball was going but Ricky got it done. That game told you everything you needed to know about his toughness.

I'm looking for some recommendations on Ricky Williams best all-time game as a Dolphin. He was a serious kick-ass running back for a couple of years for us. Anyone have any recommendations for games I should watch? One of my favorites is the 'Wildcat' game against the Pats, but he was already slowing down by then.

I've been unpopular in that I don't lie that guy. He's a quitter. I went a full 180 on him when he quit on us.
**** that dude. Seriously. He's immoral, and I don't get how people think he's some sort of deep
thinker because he wants to smoke pot and hang out with Lenny Kravitz.....Oh, and make babies with no
daddy.

He was a hell of a football player when he wanted to be. The game I'd say is his game on Thanksgiving in
'97ish....(Off the top of my head) vs TAMU where I literally thought he killed a safety when he delivered a blow.

Look at that right guard pull.. Anyone still think john jerry is good enough

I'm looking for some recommendations on Ricky Williams best all-time game as a Dolphin. He was a serious kick-ass running back for a couple of years for us. Anyone have any recommendations for games I should watch? One of my favorites is the 'Wildcat' game against the Pats, but he was already slowing down by then.

Slowing down, no. He was done. The guy would trip over his own feet.

Great thread, though. Ricky Williams is the greatest running back i have ever seen. Technically, its Barry Sanders. But i was so young then that i couldnt enjoy Sanders the way i would today.

I had- never before- seen a running back the could run over a linebacker and outrun a cornerback. Ricky was special, man. That mother****er would hit a whole like Zach Thomas tackled- with no ****ing regard for their body. As a man, i wish i was that tough. And ive been in drunken fights, me against 3 and 2 came out worse. But to be that bada$$, Ricky and Zach bad@ss? thats something to admire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom