Best and Worst Picks (outside of QB) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best and Worst Picks (outside of QB)

I think Raekwon Davis is going to be a special player in this league. Once considered a first round talent he fell out of grace, but he has the physical attributes to be dominant. I have hopes he can develop into a Aaron Donald type player just not as good as AD.

I think Raekwon Davis is going to be a special player in this league. Once considered a first round talent he fell out of grace, but he has the physical attributes to be dominant. I have hopes he can develop into a Aaron Donald type player just not as good as AD.
I feel just the opposite. He was my least favorite pick in the whole draft. How many Alabama defensive players overachieve at the NFL level? Alabama defensive players are more likely to underachieve at the next level and Davis was already underachieving in college. I hated the Davis pick.

i don't see the explosiveness of an Aaron Donald at all with Raekwon Davis. if he turns into a Chris Canty , i'll be happy about the pick. not sure that's the type of skill-set you need to spend a 2nd-rounder on though.

No doubt the Davis pick was a wtf pick, specially with so many play makers on offense still on the board at that time. He might turn out to be a good player but that's not what I'd have done at that spot.

Probably looking at a career arc more like Jordan Phillips.

I liked our draft. I think our “worst” pick was Austin Jackson. I think Ruiz (C) and Wilson (RT) were both more NFL ready prospects than him. Our right side could have been Hunt at RG and Wilson at RT; that’s a lot of beef protecting Tua’s blindside. That being said, I think Jackson has a lot of room to improve into a quality LT so hopefully it will all work out.

A lot of love for Hunt. It will be interesting to see if he wins the right tackle spot.

If he doesn't, he is a possible premium R-Guard. It would be great news if he won the R-Tackle position though.l

If he doesn't, he is a possible premium R-Guard. It would be great news if he won the R-Tackle position though.l
True. Miami needs an upgrade at guard and if he's a pro bowl caliber player there how can anyone be disappointed?

That said, it would make right tackle a primary need heading into the 2021 draft.

Favorite pick: Curtis Weaver....This guy is going to be special, whether it be now or later, I can't be sure, but the drive to succeed in him is going to make him a thorn in many Offensive Coordinators back side.

i don't see the explosiveness of an Aaron Donald at all with Raekwon Davis. if he turns into a Chris Canty , i'll be happy about the pick. not sure that's the type of skill-set you need to spend a 2nd-rounder on though.

I'll say this about Canty, while he never had a great pass rush that led to sacks, he had a good career for a 3-4 De and 4-3DT.
If we can get 10 years out of Davis, or at least two contracts worth of starting play, I'll call it a good pick as well. I get you would want more upside though.

Back
Top Bottom