Best and Worst Picks (outside of QB) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best and Worst Picks (outside of QB)

I'll say this about Canty, while he never had a great pass rush that led to sacks, he had a good career for a 3-4 De and 4-3DT.
If we can get 10 years out of Davis, or at least two contracts worth of starting play, I'll call it a good pick as well. I get you would want more upside though.
I think Davis is a good scheme fit for the defense as well. Sounds like his issues may be maturity. The talent is definitely there.

I think gauging a single player before they have played two seasons is somewhat foolish. Doing it before they have even been on a training field before their first season is 5 times as foolish...

A + First round imo..

worst for me is ROBERT Hunt, I simply don’t see it on many different levels, jmo.

Tackle would be ideal, but if he's a great Right Guard, I'll take it!

One of the goals for me this year is to figure out what position Robert Hunt will be best at moving forward. If we are planning on playing Fitz, we need to make sure that front 5 is in position to succeed by week 1 2021.

If Hunt's best fit is RT, that puts us in great position as we already have Kindley developing. If Hunt's best fit is RG, we will likely be in range for another 1st-2nd round tackle next year.

Best pick Weaver
Worst pick Davis

I really wanted Jeremy Chinn at 56. I think he is going to be a great player.

The way one of those people quoted in the article spoke so horribly of the Kindley pick, makes me want to puke thinking, he's going to be another Issac Asiata? Davis is the one player that reeks boom or bust. If he develops into what he was as a Sophomore at Alabama, its a huge upgrade. If he doesn't do anything more than be a JAG, rotational player, he'll be gone after his contract is up. I'm hopeful he develops into the Wall that stops the run. If he does that, I'd be a happy Dolphins Fan. Weaver is the one player who has the potential to out play his draft spot. He's got the making of another one of those 5th round gems, Miami has had a knack for finding.

No doubt the Davis pick was a wtf pick, specially with so many play makers on offense still on the board at that time. He might turn out to be a good player but that's not what I'd have done at that spot.
That's a good point. Obviously, we'll have to wait and see.

If there was one disappointment I had with the draft it's that Miami didn't necessarily follow the talent, missing out on a great wide receiver and running back class. But I get the strategy. Build the trenches first. Fortunately, the 2021 is also loaded at wide receiver. If the offensive line additions work out, I think the Dolphins start going for the skill position players.

Best pick Weaver
Worst pick Davis

I really wanted Jeremy Chinn at 56. I think he is going to be a great player.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. Not which pick did we LIKE the least, but which do we think was the WORST pick. I'm uncomfortable with weaver. I know, blasphemy, but I don't see the natural athlete. I hope someone saves this and bashes me if I'm wrong. I'd love to be

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. Not which pick did we LIKE the least, but which do we think was the WORST pick. I'm uncomfortable with weaver. I know, blasphemy, but I don't see the natural athlete. I hope someone saves this and bashes me if I'm wrong. I'd love to be
Lots of times you hear "looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane"........Weaver might not look the part but he sure played the part in college. He was one of my favorite players in this draft but of course we'll have to wait and see how he does in the NFL.

Lots of times you hear "looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane"........Weaver might not look the part but he sure played the part in college. He was one of my favorite players in this draft but of course we'll have to wait and see how he does in the NFL.

Good analogy. He was successful. It's just his features don't match his stats. That said, I'm not down on the kid, just confused. Fingers crossed Flo drafted Tarzan.

Best pick for me was tua, simply because we didnt trade up to get him, but also he was the one player I wanted more than anyone else.

The next best, was Brandon Jones, the CB/S from Texas. Love his speed, toughness, and he will be a long term starter when the time comes.

Davis was the head scratcher for me. I just didnt think DT was a bigger need than Safety or RB. And 2nd round was too early IMO. Zach Moss or Zach Baun would have been better IMO.

Back
Top Bottom